Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 18:26
English to German
+ ...
Oct 25, 2004

Hi all,
German association ADÜ Nord have asked us to post an announcement regarding a survey they're conducting:

The Hamburg-based translators’ association ADÜ Nord is conducting an anonymous survey of the earnings situation of freelance translators and interpreters. The survey, which runs from 15 October 2004 to 31 January 2005, is for all translators and interpreters with German as a working language. The “field work” will be almost entirely online, giving the survey a truly international character.

As you are no doubt aware, there are few market studies of the earnings situation in our profession, and most of these are out of date. Our aim is to fill this gap and obtain up-to-date market data. We hope the findings will help to improve public perception of translators and interpreters and enhance the image of our profession as a whole.

The success of this survey depends largely on the number of translators and interpreters who take part. Since your portal ProZ is a favourite source of information for many of our colleagues, we would be very grateful if you could support our survey. All you need to do is include in your website a brief mention of the survey (“Earnings Survey of Freelance Translators and Interpreters using German”) and a link to the URL www.adue-nord.de/index.umfrage.html, where all further details are explained.

Answers to most questions about the survey can be found (in German) at www.adue-nord.de/index.umfrage.html. Please do not hesitate to contact us if there is anything else you need to know.

We should be delighted if you could spread the word about our survey and thereby help to maximize the response from our German-speaking colleagues around the world.

Yours sincerely,

Terry Oliver Karmele Rodríguez

[Edited at 2004-10-25 08:02]

Jesús Marín Mateos
Jesús Marín Mateos  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:26
English to Spanish
+ ...
German forum???? Oct 25, 2004

The survey, which runs from 15 October 2004 to 31 January 2005, is for all translators and interpreters with German as a working language.

Hi Ralf, I wonder if this should be in the German forum, I guess there must be one, since it only applies to translators and interpreters with German as one of their working languages.
I found the title interesting and when I went into the forum realised that it does not apply to me.
Well, just a suggestion.
Kind regards
... See more
The survey, which runs from 15 October 2004 to 31 January 2005, is for all translators and interpreters with German as a working language.

Hi Ralf, I wonder if this should be in the German forum, I guess there must be one, since it only applies to translators and interpreters with German as one of their working languages.
I found the title interesting and when I went into the forum realised that it does not apply to me.
Well, just a suggestion.
Kind regards,
Jesus Marin

[Edited at 2004-10-25 07:58]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Posted it there, in German Oct 25, 2004

Hi Jesus,
There is a German forum, of course, and I posted the German version of the invitation there. I adapted the title slightly for more clarity - thanks for your note.

Best regards,
Ralf

Rosa Diez Tagarro
Rosa Diez Tagarro  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
it will be interesting to check about the results Oct 25, 2004

Thank you for posting it here, Ralf.

I think this kind of survey is necessary and it would be good to have as many people participating as possible.

I have just filled in the questionnaire (doesn't take long).

Regards,

Rosa

Simpa
Simpa  Identity Verified
French to Italian
+ ...
surveys in France Oct 25, 2004

Hello everybody,

in France the SFT (société française de traducteurs), www.sft.fr the official French organization for translators based in France. Each year they gather the results of the survey made to all France based translator into all language pairs..I hold already the 2004.
It is definetely an interesting tool as in our Europe we still have substantial differences in tariffs (Italy and Spai
... See more
Hello everybody,

in France the SFT (société française de traducteurs), www.sft.fr the official French organization for translators based in France. Each year they gather the results of the survey made to all France based translator into all language pairs..I hold already the 2004.
It is definetely an interesting tool as in our Europe we still have substantial differences in tariffs (Italy and Spain being the worst payer)..and by reading it you get an overall view of the tariffs which is at times very very surprising!!

Best regards
Simonetta Panza
FRENCH/ENGLISH> Italian
based in Paris
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Survey of German-speaking freelance translators' and interpreters' earnings

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »