Thread poster: muratovska
muratovska
muratovska
Local time: 18:49
English to Macedonian
+ ...
Oct 30, 2004

Hello!
I would like to know (I'm qute new member)how do I make my account at Pay Pal when my Country is not listed.How do I organize my payments, can I make a different agreement with person who gives the job and how safe are other forms of payment.
Thanks!
Maja

[Edited at 2004-10-30 11:09]

Seadeta Osmani
Seadeta Osmani  Identity Verified
Croatia
Local time: 18:49
English to Croatian
+ ...
As far as I know... Oct 30, 2004

PayPal is not an option in any of ex-Yugoslavia countries. But you do have other options, like mailed check, bank transfer, Western Union, Moneybookers... The first three options work just fine for me, never had any problems. I have never used Moneybookers so far, but reports say it is quite OK.

Good luck,

Seadeta

Claudia Iglesias
Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 12:49
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Hello Maja Oct 30, 2004

If your country is not even listed in the PayPal site, forget them.
Many countries are listed and do not have the same services than others, for instance money can be paid but it can't be withdrawn.

When an outsourcer clearly says "PayPal" you can try to ask whether he'd accept another system, but it's almost sure that he has already decided.

Look for previous postings about Moneybrookers and PayPal in the search field and you'll be able to compare.
Always c
... See more
If your country is not even listed in the PayPal site, forget them.
Many countries are listed and do not have the same services than others, for instance money can be paid but it can't be withdrawn.

When an outsourcer clearly says "PayPal" you can try to ask whether he'd accept another system, but it's almost sure that he has already decided.

Look for previous postings about Moneybrookers and PayPal in the search field and you'll be able to compare.
Always check that their services are 100% available for your country.
Collapse

Rahi Moosavi
Rahi Moosavi  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 12:49
Member (2004)
English to Persian (Farsi)
+ ...
Paypal Oct 30, 2004

Hi

My country (Iran) is not listed on Paypal and I never bother using it. Bank transfers and Moneybookers work fine for me.

Give Moneybookers.com a try.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PayPal for countries not listed

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »