International Translation Day 2017

Join ProZ.com/TV for a FREE event on September 26-27th celebrating International Translation Day! 50+ hours of content, Chat, Live Q&A & more. Join 1,000's of linguists from around the globe as ProZ.com/TV celebrates International Translation Day.

Click for Full Participation

PayPal users: experience moving from a country with a Cyrillic alphabet to a "Latin" country?
Thread poster: M_S
M_S
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 5, 2014

Do any of PayPal users here have experience moving from a country with a Cyrillic alphabet to a country with a Latin alphabet and linking your PayPal account to a bank in this new country? Did you have problems with identification?

Direct link Reply with quote

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 11:31
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
new acccount needed Jan 6, 2014

When you move country (as I did from France to Spain) you are forced to set up a new account with the PayPal site with that country's extension (e.g. I went from www.paypal.fr to the .es one).

Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 07:31
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
PayPal users: Jan 6, 2014

I had to open a new account when I came back to Brazil. The rules a very different from country to country.

For instance: I can manage to send funds from my account in Brazil to England but not from England to Brazil, via paypal.

In the future we will need an international tool. Something more practical which offers fair taxes.

Kind regards.

Paulinho

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PayPal users: experience moving from a country with a Cyrillic alphabet to a "Latin" country?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search