PayPal users: experience moving from a country with a Cyrillic alphabet to a "Latin" country?
Thread poster: M_S
M_S
Russian Federation
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 5, 2014

Do any of PayPal users here have experience moving from a country with a Cyrillic alphabet to a country with a Latin alphabet and linking your PayPal account to a bank in this new country? Did you have problems with identification?

Direct link Reply with quote

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:49
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
new acccount needed Jan 6, 2014

When you move country (as I did from France to Spain) you are forced to set up a new account with the PayPal site with that country's extension (e.g. I went from www.paypal.fr to the .es one).

Paulinho Fonseca  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 23:49
Member (2011)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
PayPal users: Jan 6, 2014

I had to open a new account when I came back to Brazil. The rules a very different from country to country.

For instance: I can manage to send funds from my account in Brazil to England but not from England to Brazil, via paypal.

In the future we will need an international tool. Something more practical which offers fair taxes.

Kind regards.

Paulinho

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PayPal users: experience moving from a country with a Cyrillic alphabet to a "Latin" country?

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search