gmazza  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:16
Member (2011)
Italian to English
+ ...
Feb 1, 2014

Hello!

I would like to submit my resume to Swiss translation agencies, yet I have no idea what translators charge in Switzerland. My working languages are Italian (native), French and Spanish and I have been a professional translator for the past 8 years.

Thanks for your help!

Gabriella

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 07:16
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Why not your own rate? Feb 1, 2014

There is nor "rate in Switzerland". Everyone should reckon what to charge according to his/her business situation. Most of my clients are from Germany and Austria, but I still do not know what might be "the translation rate for Germany". And I don't care.

United States
Member (2011)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 1, 2014

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I just wanted to know what the average rate per word is for my language combinations in Switzerland. I know they are higher than in Italy, that is why I asked and I am not using "my rates".

Thank you

Claudio LR
Local time: 06:16
Member (2007)
English to Italian
+ ...
More or less the same for "new" translators Feb 1, 2014

My experience is that rates used to be higher in Switzerland, and still are for some people who have been in the market for many years. But due to competition from European agencies, Swiss agencies are working more and more with European translators so rates have become very similar, at least for "new translators". Only translators who have much above average qualities, such as a very strong knowledge of a given field, can maintain decent rates. However, these translators manage to get higher than average rates also with non Swiss agencies. This is for agencies, with direct clients it can be very different. But often when a translation is for the Swiss market, clients want Swiss (experienced) translators...

United States
Member (2011)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 1, 2014

Thank you Claudio!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation Rates in Switzerland

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search