Sample offer when using Trados / CAT tools
Thread poster: Lindemark Text

Lindemark Text
Local time: 04:39
Swedish to English
+ ...
Feb 19, 2014

I am new to working with Trados Studio and I have never previously drawn up an offer or estimate based on file analysis. (So far I have only done the "traditional" variety with a per word fee, or a blanket fee when applicable). Could anyone please tell me how to do this, and possibly show me / link to a sample offer of this kind? Additionally, an indication of rates in relation to the per word method would be much appreciated - I know it is somewhat lower.

[Edited at 2014-02-19 14:17 GMT]

Jan Willem van Dormolen  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
+ ...
Report function Feb 20, 2014

Make a project, do the project preparation. Then, in the vertical bar left, click on reports, then on Analysis. You'll find all the info you need there: a full rundown of word counts per level of match. Now you have to think about what discount, if any, you want to apply to each level. Done.

Lindemark Text
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Feb 20, 2014

Thank you!

I found the average discount stats after immersing myself in the forums - *ashamed*. All the same, your advise was very helpful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Sample offer when using Trados / CAT tools

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search