Invoices from UK to Spain (final solution)
Thread poster: rufio

United Kingdom
May 8, 2014

Hello people,

This is my first post in ProZ. I saw a lot of topics talking about this issue, but I didn't find a final solution to the problem of making invoices from UK to Spain as sole trader.

As many of you, I'm a freelance/sole trader working in the UK, not registered for VAT cause my earning are not too much for now.

My problem comes with spanish clients that demand me things like VAT numbers, VIES, ROI, or CIF to appear in my invoices.

Some people told me...

- You should have a VAT number for that (but I don't need it cause I'm not winning a lot of money now).
- You should be registered in the VIES/ROI to make "intra-community operations", then, they will give you a Business Number for that.
- You don't need nothing more than your UTR number.

So... when the spanish clients tell me... if you don't make the invoice as I tell you... we will not work together.

What should I do? Sorry if the final answer for that I somewhere in this forum, but I didn't find it.

Thank you so much!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Invoices from UK to Spain (final solution)

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

• All of
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search