Thread poster: Taha Amin
Taha Amin
Taha Amin  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 18:28
English to Arabic
+ ...
May 30, 2014

How to get your payment from an agency? After they received the project, they started to bargain, asked me to reduce the rate, stated in the PO, we agreed for and invent excuses for not to pay. Now they stopped to answer my e-mails, Is there a legal way to collect my money from them?

Srini Venkataraman
Srini Venkataraman
United States
Local time: 11:28
Member (2012)
Tamil to English
+ ...
payment issue May 30, 2014

If the agency is in Egypt, you can try sending a notice through an attorney or file a civil case. If outside of Egypt, it will be too cumbersome and may not be worth it, unless the amount is very high. You have to contact an attorney in that country, who may be charging 3 to 4 times your hourly rate.

[Edited at 2014-05-30 21:04 GMT]

Attila Kosik
Attila Kosik  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 18:28
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Screwed over in New Zealand - never bothered Jun 1, 2014

One of my gravest disappointments was a NZ-based translation agency not paying me for a quite large project.

They were on the other half of the world, so I contacted some attorneys there, after I realized their rates and how much time it might take to get results, I just couldn't bother.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Payment problem

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »