Anthony Ottey
Anthony Ottey  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 09:26
Russian to English
+ ...
Jun 4, 2014

Hello Colleagues,

I have a client based in Italy that is currently 30+ days late. So far my attempts at contacting them have failed, and I have just about exhausted all of my options.

The amount owed is a little over 300 EUR. Has anyone had similar issues trying to collect from a client in Italy and, if so, how was it handled? I have tried contacting a few debt collecting companies, however, I haven't received a response.

Any suggestions would be greatly
... See more
Hello Colleagues,

I have a client based in Italy that is currently 30+ days late. So far my attempts at contacting them have failed, and I have just about exhausted all of my options.

The amount owed is a little over 300 EUR. Has anyone had similar issues trying to collect from a client in Italy and, if so, how was it handled? I have tried contacting a few debt collecting companies, however, I haven't received a response.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 14:26
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
What have you tried? Jun 4, 2014

AnthonyLee wrote:
So far my attempts at contacting them have failed, and I have just about exhausted all of my options.

Have you just emailed one email address? Or:
- have you searched for others?
- have you found contact information on their website?
- have you searched the Italian companies register for contact details?
- have you sent them a letter by snail-mail?
- have you tried phoning?
- have you tried skyping?

Without knowing what you have done it's a little difficult to know what to suggest.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Collecting a debt from client in Italy.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »