Looking for a debt collection agency based in Italy
Thread poster: Emily Cox (medical and technical translator)

Emily Cox (medical and technical translator)
Germany
Local time: 13:53
German to English
Jun 26, 2014

Hi all,

Could you recommend an Italian debt collection agency? My outstanding invoice is worth over EUR 300 and the agency is not willing to pay and keeps ignoring my emails, so I guess it's worth to pursue this option.

Thanks in advance,

Emily

Direct link Reply with quote

Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:53
English to Russian
+ ...
do you want me to send them an enquiry? Jun 26, 2014

https://www.google.ee/?gws_rd=cr,ssl&ei=AlWsU6iRC4SBywPNu4Bg#q=debt%20collection%20agency%20based%20in%20Italy

Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Any experience with those? Jun 26, 2014

Do you have experience with any of those agencies? The reason why I posted here is I was wondering if someone could recommend one.

Fiona Grace Peterson  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
Lawyer Jun 26, 2014

I recently had trouble with two Italian customers who were not willing to pay; I got a lawyer to write them a letter, which he did for a very reasonable fee, and they promptly paid. This may be another option worth pursuing.

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:53
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Have you tried a European Payment Order? Jun 26, 2014

You're both in the EU, aren't you, so the EU payment order would be perfect, I should think. It only costs a few euros up front. I only got as far as completing the form online then saving it. I sent the PDF to my client with a note saying when I'd be submitting it. He paid!

It may not work for you like that, and you may find it takes ages. But if it works then you'll get 100% of your debt plus interest etc as your client will pay all expenses. Why pay someone else 30%?

Edited to agree that Fiona's route is also good - you just need to show them you're serious. Have you even sent them a final demand, by registered post to their invoice address, asking the post office for a copy of their signature as proof to the courts? That may be enough in itself to show them you mean business.

[Edited at 2014-06-26 20:34 GMT]

Sergei Tumanov  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:53
English to Russian
+ ...
no Jun 26, 2014

no experience at all

Sonia Hill
United Kingdom
Italian to English
Useful information Jun 27, 2014

That sounds like it's worth trying Sheila. One of my Italian clients is now well overdue with its payments, so I think a European Payment Order will be my next step.

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
I have a suggestion Jun 28, 2014

I know of an agency but since I can't email you via Proz you should email me.

Germany
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
European payment order Jun 30, 2014

Thanks Sheila, I will give it a go. In fact, I have sent them the application form you've mentioned and got no reply so far; it looks like I will have to send the form to their local court.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for a debt collection agency based in Italy

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €495 / $595
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €495 / $595 / £425 / ¥70,000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search