UK pension funds ... transfer to France
Thread poster: Jean-Christophe Duc

Jean-Christophe Duc  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:30
English to French
+ ...
Aug 4, 2014

To cut a long story short, I have some money invested in a personal pension fund in the UK, and have now moved permanently to France.
The question is what to do with this fund now that age is catching up with me, leave it to mature in the UK, or transfer it through the QROPS scheme and reinvest it in France, ideally in a "Loi Madelin" scheme?
Has anyone here had the same dilemma, and solved it?

Direct link Reply with quote

Roberto Bertuol  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:30
Member (2007)
Italian to English
+ ...
UK Pension fund Aug 4, 2014

I have a UK pension fund and when I opened it I did ask what happens if I transfer abroad. If I remember correctly you can still pay into your UK fund for one year, then you need to transfer it into a fund in the country where you are living. I think that here you can find the most up-to-date info:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/pensionschemes/transfer-overseas.htm

I hope this helps.

Roberto

Jean-Christophe Duc  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 10:30
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No need to transfer Aug 5, 2014

As I understand it the transfer is optional, and is usually dictated by the transfer value anyway.
I would be interested to have the experience of people who did transfer the fund, especially regarding taxation as the rules appear open to quite a few interpretations.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

UK pension funds ... transfer to France

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search