Paypal blocks outgoing payments - what to do?
Thread poster: Mind Power
Mind Power
Mind Power  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 09:57
German to Hungarian
+ ...
Aug 7, 2014

Paypal blocks all outgoing payments... for days...

We have funds
We tried from different browsers
From different computers
With different internet connections

We reported the case to Paypal...

Acc. to them there is nothing wrong with us (we have good reputations)
Their security system does not allow outgoing payments

We sent them several e-mails

They advised:

- Not to use their system...
See more
Paypal blocks all outgoing payments... for days...

We have funds
We tried from different browsers
From different computers
With different internet connections

We reported the case to Paypal...

Acc. to them there is nothing wrong with us (we have good reputations)
Their security system does not allow outgoing payments

We sent them several e-mails

They advised:

- Not to use their system
- It is our interest that we can not use our money! (Here I do not really agree with them)
- Upload more money (with long long guide as we were stupid) - Would you upload more money if paypal does not allow you to use the amount you have there??

Sure, they were polite.

BUT:

"this security system is automated and for your safety will not tell us why is not completing a payment, same reason why we cannot change or reverse it"

And again they advised not to use their system.

BUT:

We would like to use paypal...

Has someone any similar experience or idea what we can do?

Waiting your kind reply/suggestions!

Thank you!

-
Collapse

Laura Brugnaro
Laura Brugnaro  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Similar problem Aug 7, 2014

I did not try to make payments, but instead to move funds from my paypal to my bank account. I have been sending several requests during the last month (always for the same -small- amount), but withous success.
I did it many times before without problems, but this time my funds are stuck there and won't budge.
I sent a request for assistance via email, I'll keep you updated in case I'm given some interesting information.

Regards,
Laura

Mind Power
Hungary
German to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Laura! Aug 7, 2014

Thank you Laura!

Same way if we found what's wrong with paypal (beside that they suggest not to use paypal at all) we will update you here!

Neil Coffey
Neil Coffey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:57
French to English
+ ...
Occasionally had this... Aug 7, 2014

I've occasionally had this when, say, I've had to pay a few collaborators on the same day and after a certain number of transactions Paypal randomly starts blocking transactions (even though they might be to people I've previously paid on other occasions). The solution has generally been simply to wait till the next day and try again.

I had the same response from Paypal has you-- essentially, their system may arbitrarily decide to block payments for unknown spurious reasons and Payp
... See more
I've occasionally had this when, say, I've had to pay a few collaborators on the same day and after a certain number of transactions Paypal randomly starts blocking transactions (even though they might be to people I've previously paid on other occasions). The solution has generally been simply to wait till the next day and try again.

I had the same response from Paypal has you-- essentially, their system may arbitrarily decide to block payments for unknown spurious reasons and Paypal refuse to do anything about it.

The bottom line: don't rely on Paypal for urgent payments.
Collapse

Mind Power
Hungary
German to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Neil! Aug 7, 2014

Thank you Neil!

The only problem that we have this for days...

We will wait some days and will try again.

Arianne Farah
Arianne Farah  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 04:57
Member (2008)
English to French
.... Aug 7, 2014

Hi!

Working from China I've had this problem with other payment vectors - unfortunately once you've been red-flagged by the system your only resolution is to wait; some systems block you a day, others a week or a month - trying again might just compound the issue It's unfortunate but it's the reality of those types of online payment methods and living in a non-G8 country.

A solution I've found since I use
... See more
Hi!

Working from China I've had this problem with other payment vectors - unfortunately once you've been red-flagged by the system your only resolution is to wait; some systems block you a day, others a week or a month - trying again might just compound the issue It's unfortunate but it's the reality of those types of online payment methods and living in a non-G8 country.

A solution I've found since I use a Canadian bank account and a Canadian credit card is that I turn on my VPN and choose a Canadian server before doing anything; it's prevented problems in the recent present - of course the one time you forget and slip up your account is blocked again
Collapse

Mind Power
Hungary
German to Hungarian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Arianne! Aug 7, 2014

Thank you Arianne!

We are waiting now for a week.

Yes, living is some countries makes everything more difficult. Sometimes we have to face with such problems what we would not believe living in some other countries. Hopefully Hungary is not deleted by accident from paypal map.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paypal blocks outgoing payments - what to do?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »