Outsourcer refuse to pay
Thread poster: Ahmed ALEM

Ahmed ALEM
Algeria
Local time: 01:44
Member (2014)
Arabic to English
+ ...
Aug 27, 2014

Hi everybody, i have been working with an outsourcer for almost two months now, we agreed to be paid at the end of every month, the fisrt month was done but now i havent even finished the second month, anyway i'm still negociating with him and i would like to know what if he refuses to pay me knowing that i have done a massive job in this month more than the first one..

Thank you for your help!

[Edited at 2014-08-27 21:25 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Local time: 02:44
German to English
+ ...
Still negotiating? Aug 27, 2014

You've done more than a month's work, are still negotiating(!!!), have not received any payment...?

And you say the outsourcer now refuses to pay (title of post)? But you continue to work.

Sorry, but you've only yourself to blame.

The outsourcer might have found a victim.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ahmed ALEM
Algeria
Local time: 01:44
Member (2014)
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Explaining more Aug 28, 2014

Thank you Cilian for reply.

He has cleared the first invice and now it is between the banks i even have the receipt but when the date of the seond payment approached he did not reply me anymore ! So what to do in such situation ?

I posted this here just to know what to do from the other memebers.
Thank you for your reply.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Mariano Saab
Argentina
Local time: 21:44
Member (2013)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Submit a BlueBoard entry Aug 28, 2014

A similar problem happened to me once. Although it was not a massive payment situation. Still, it was a drag. The payment was way overdue. I submitted a negative entry on their BlueBoard record and they finally paid. Get the word of mouth going. I hope it works out for you!

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:44
Member (2008)
Italian to English
English Aug 28, 2014

alemahmed wrote:

Hi everybody, i have been working with an outsourcer for almost two months now, we agreed to be paid at the end of every month, the fisrt month was done but now i havent even finished the second month, anyway i'm still negociating with him and i would like to know what if he refuses to pay me knowing that i have done a massive job in this month more than the first one..

Thank you for your help!

[Edited at 2014-08-27 21:25 GMT]


Is your translation into English?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ahmed ALEM
Algeria
Local time: 01:44
Member (2014)
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Arabic Aug 28, 2014

Tom in London wrote:

alemahmed wrote:

Hi everybody, i have been working with an outsourcer for almost two months now, we agreed to be paid at the end of every month, the fisrt month was done but now i havent even finished the second month, anyway i'm still negociating with him and i would like to know what if he refuses to pay me knowing that i have done a massive job in this month more than the first one..

Thank you for your help!

[Edited at 2014-08-27 21:25 GMT]


Is your translation into English?


Hi Tom, my translation is from English to arabic.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ahmed ALEM
Algeria
Local time: 01:44
Member (2014)
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Aug 28, 2014

Mariano Saab wrote:

A similar problem happened to me once. Although it was not a massive payment situation. Still, it was a drag. The payment was way overdue. I submitted a negative entry on their BlueBoard record and they finally paid. Get the word of mouth going. I hope it works out for you!



Thank you Mario, i see what you mean.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:44
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Did you expect immediate payment? Aug 28, 2014

alemahmed wrote:
i have been working with an outsourcer for almost two months now

the fisrt month was done but now i havent even finished the second month

I don't know if I'm reading this right but it seems that you only got to know about this outsourcer about 7 or 8 weeks ago. Is that right?

You invoiced at the end of July? And you haven't received that payment, right? Please tell us what the payment terms were. Did you specify your terms or did you go along with the agency's terms? In that case, they were almost certainly not "payment on receipt". I would like my own terms to be that of course, but it simply isn't realistic in the majority of B2B relationships. My own terms are "30 days month end", but many outsourcers around the world stipulate 60 days or even 90 days (I don't work with them). Even if they pay at 30 days, the payment (probably) isn't overdue until next Monday. So, are you maybe demanding payment rather sooner than your client expects?

i would like to know what if he refuses to pay me knowing that i have done a massive job in this month more than the first one.

Just the normal: wait until payment is overdue; send first an informal email reminder (along the lines of "maybe I've missed it; maybe it's slipped your memory..."); then a more formal email ("your payment has not yet been received and is now overdue by n days..."); then a final demand in legalese by registered mail to their registered office; then it's down to legal action or a debt collection agency. But most outsourcers pay well before then. In the early stages, make sure it isn't just a communication breakdown by finding different email addresses, and try to phone/Skype them.

But I think maybe you're getting anxious too soon. Unless there's more to this than you've told us; or I've misunderstood the situation.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Rachel Waddington  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:44
Member (2014)
Dutch to English
+ ...
For the future ... Aug 28, 2014

I would personally be very hesitant about taking a job that will last several months from a customer I have no previous experience with. It can be best for both parties to start out with a few smaller jobs to establish that you are happy working together: from your point of view that the customer pays reliably and from the customer's point of view that you provide the quality and reliability that they need.

As Sheila says, it is perfectly normal to wait 30 days after your invoice to be paid and unusual for invoices to be paid straight away, unless that's what you agreed. Of course, you should agree payment terms before you start work.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Steven Segaert  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 03:44
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Is there a problem? Aug 28, 2014

"what if he refuses to pay me"

That is a "what if" question. Let's just assume everything will go smooth, and worry about problems as they arise.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ahmed ALEM
Algeria
Local time: 01:44
Member (2014)
Arabic to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Updates Aug 29, 2014

I would like to thank all of Sheila Wilson, Rachel Waddington and Steven Segaert, your remarks are very helpful, things got better now with the outsourcer we are back on the same page again, concerning payment the first invoice were cleared and i have the receipt of the payment, than you again for all these instructions.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

IrimiConsulting  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 02:44
Member (2006)
English to Swedish
+ ...
Glad it worked out Aug 29, 2014

Let's hope it stays that way.

Direct link Reply with quote
 

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 01:44
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Good to hear Aug 29, 2014

alemahmed wrote:
things got better now with the outsourcer we are back on the same page again, concerning payment the first invoice were cleared and i have the receipt of the payment

Hopefully you'll have a long-term relationship with this client now, with no further problems.


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Outsourcer refuse to pay

Advanced search







PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search