Aakash5555
India
Local time: 13:50
Member (2014)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Oct 13, 2014

Hi,
I just want to know if some Big Agency is not paying after completion of a project with their instructions, then what action can be taken against them.

Direct link Reply with quote

Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:20
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Blue Board entry Oct 13, 2014

Hi Aakash,

first of all you can make an entry on the agency's Blue Board. If they don't have one, you can create it. This sometimes solves the problem.

You can also contact ProZ.com staff to help you with a non-payment issue. They do respond quickly.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Thayenga

Ashish Kumar Jaiswal  Identity Verified
India
Member (2013)
English to Hindi
+ ...
Whether Domestic or Foreign ? Oct 13, 2014

Whether Domestic or Foreign ?

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:20
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
It depends Oct 13, 2014

Aakash Anand wrote:
I just want to know if some Big Agency is not paying after completion of a project with their instructions, then what action can be taken against them.

Is the payment later than you want, or later than was actually agreed on (bearing in mind that if no specific term was stated they'll probably only feel themselves bound by their own, which may well be 90 days)?
Have they accepted the work without any question of complaint?
Have you ever been paid by them in the past?
Are you in contact with them (i.e. do you know they actually received your invoice)?
Are they still trading or might they have serious financial problems which will entail taking a different line?
Do they have a good reputation or have they always caused translators problems?

If we knew those details, plus the countries involved and some idea of the volume of the job (€50, €500, €5000...) then we'd be in a better position to come up with constructive advice.

Aakash5555
India
Member (2014)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Its a foreign agency Oct 13, 2014

Its a foreign agency and they are giving false reasons for non-payment.

Aakash5555
India
Member (2014)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
They are giving false reason Oct 13, 2014

Agency is saying that the work is not as per their instructions and when I checked the instructions provided by them again, I saw no problem with my work.

sschill
Sweden
Local time: 10:20
Member (2009)
Swedish to English
Typical Oct 13, 2014

Typical reason for not paying. "Quality issues" been subjected to that several times and despite having the job reviewed by an independent person they refused to pay me. I feel for you, you do a job in good faith and get no payment. I would suggest writing an entry on the blue board so that others know about your unpleasant experience. Good luck!

[Edited at 2014-10-13 14:15 GMT]

LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:20
Russian to English
+ ...
You can report them to the Business Bureau Oct 13, 2014

in the country where they are located. Also, contact a lawyer, especially if you know one in their country.

Report them on the Blue Board.

Aakash5555
India
Member (2014)
English to Hindi
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Now they reponded positively Oct 13, 2014

I just got an email from them that they will reinstate the project and get it proofread with some person and Pay me after that. I hope that they will abide to their commitment now.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What action van be taken against a Fraud Agency

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search