Thread poster: Alexandre Chetrite

Alexandre Chetrite
France
Local time: 11:20
English to French
Jan 12, 2015

Hi,

A customer contacted me recently offering me this:

"Would you be interested in a possible redesigning of the (web)site or addition feature that might benefit the overall usability and user experience which usually leads to better sales?

We can execute the Web Design or SEO projects on a white label basis for you.

---------

I've checked the definition of white label in business and I found this interesting article.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theyec/2014/06/03/why-a-white-label-solution-is-easier-than-building-your-own/

Could you tell me what is involved for me if I accept to work with this customer on a white label basis please?

How is it different from a standard translation or Web development freelance job?

Regards,

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Customer or supplier? Jan 12, 2015

White label or not - our job as a translator should be unaffected.

But are you sure this is a potential customer? It reads more like an offer from a potential supplier who wants to redesign your website, I get these all the time in my inbox and they go straight to the trash!

Alexandre Chetrite
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Too quick to read... Jan 12, 2015

Lori Cirefice wrote:

White label or not - our job as a translator should be unaffected.

But are you sure this is a potential customer? It reads more like an offer from a potential supplier who wants to redesign your website, I get these all the time in my inbox and they go straight to the trash!

Oh you are right! After careful reading I found out that it was a supplier, not a customer..Too bad..I would have liked to work with them as customers to enhance websites.

Good day.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

About "White label" business services

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search