Thread poster: Alexandre Chetrite

Alexandre Chetrite
France
Local time: 12:25
English to French
Jan 12, 2015

Hi,

A customer contacted me recently offering me this:

"Would you be interested in a possible redesigning of the (web)site or addition feature that might benefit the overall usability and user experience which usually leads to better sales?

We can execute the Web Design or SEO projects on a white label basis for you.

---------

I've checked the definition of white label in business and I found this interesting article.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/theyec/2014/06/03/why-a-white-label-solution-is-easier-than-building-your-own/

Could you tell me what is involved for me if I accept to work with this customer on a white label basis please?

How is it different from a standard translation or Web development freelance job?

Regards,

Direct link Reply with quote

Lori Cirefice  Identity Verified
France
French to English
Customer or supplier? Jan 12, 2015

White label or not - our job as a translator should be unaffected.

But are you sure this is a potential customer? It reads more like an offer from a potential supplier who wants to redesign your website, I get these all the time in my inbox and they go straight to the trash!

Alexandre Chetrite
France
English to French
TOPIC STARTER
Too quick to read... Jan 12, 2015

Lori Cirefice wrote:

White label or not - our job as a translator should be unaffected.

But are you sure this is a potential customer? It reads more like an offer from a potential supplier who wants to redesign your website, I get these all the time in my inbox and they go straight to the trash!

Oh you are right! After careful reading I found out that it was a supplier, not a customer..Too bad..I would have liked to work with them as customers to enhance websites.

Good day.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

About "White label" business services

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search