concrete prices per word into French
Thread poster: xxxMaga1i
xxxMaga1i
Local time: 02:48
German to French
+ ...
Jan 6, 2005

Hi! I am trying to get started as a translator, with English, German, Spanish and Catalan into French. I would just like to know, very concretely, if it seems OK to you to ask 0,08 Euros a word to a French (or European) agency. Merci!

Direct link Reply with quote

xxxMarc P  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
concrete prices per word into French Jan 6, 2005

It's OK to ask for anything. Even 0.08 Euros a word, if you don't mind joining the underpaid.

Suggestion: order a copy of the rates and salaries survey conducted by one of the professional associations, e.g. ITI or IoL.

Marc

xxxMaga1i
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 6, 2005

Thank you! I'll see that point with the SFT (French translators society) once I am part of it...

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 03:48
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Do a survey Jan 7, 2005

Send a short text to some agencies and ask, if they could translate it into French and how much it would cost you. Then you will know, how much you can charge yourself. You can use a friend to do the survey.

Sarah Ferrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
rates tool Jan 12, 2005

Magali2 wrote:

Hi! I am trying to get started as a translator, with English, German, Spanish and Catalan into French. I would just like to know, very concretely, if it seems OK to you to ask 0,08 Euros a word to a French (or European) agency. Merci!

Hi, there is a new rates tool for translators available for free download if you sign up for a newsletter: goto
http://www.translatortoolkit.com/signup.htm

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

concrete prices per word into French

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search