concrete prices per word into French
Thread poster: Maga1i (X)

Maga1i (X)
Local time: 08:56
German to French
+ ...
Jan 6, 2005

Hi! I am trying to get started as a translator, with English, German, Spanish and Catalan into French. I would just like to know, very concretely, if it seems OK to you to ask 0,08 Euros a word to a French (or European) agency. Merci!

Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
concrete prices per word into French Jan 6, 2005

It's OK to ask for anything. Even 0.08 Euros a word, if you don't mind joining the underpaid.

Suggestion: order a copy of the rates and salaries survey conducted by one of the professional associations, e.g. ITI or IoL.

Marc

Maga1i (X)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 6, 2005

Thank you! I'll see that point with the SFT (French translators society) once I am part of it...

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 09:56
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Do a survey Jan 7, 2005

Send a short text to some agencies and ask, if they could translate it into French and how much it would cost you. Then you will know, how much you can charge yourself. You can use a friend to do the survey.

Sarah Ferrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
rates tool Jan 12, 2005

Magali2 wrote:

Hi! I am trying to get started as a translator, with English, German, Spanish and Catalan into French. I would just like to know, very concretely, if it seems OK to you to ask 0,08 Euros a word to a French (or European) agency. Merci!

Hi, there is a new rates tool for translators available for free download if you sign up for a newsletter: goto
http://www.translatortoolkit.com/signup.htm

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

concrete prices per word into French

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search