concrete prices per word into French
Thread poster: Maga1i (X)

Maga1i (X)
Local time: 07:45
German to French
+ ...
Jan 6, 2005

Hi! I am trying to get started as a translator, with English, German, Spanish and Catalan into French. I would just like to know, very concretely, if it seems OK to you to ask 0,08 Euros a word to a French (or European) agency. Merci!

Marc P (X)  Identity Verified
German to English
+ ...
concrete prices per word into French Jan 6, 2005

It's OK to ask for anything. Even 0.08 Euros a word, if you don't mind joining the underpaid.

Suggestion: order a copy of the rates and salaries survey conducted by one of the professional associations, e.g. ITI or IoL.

Marc

Maga1i (X)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jan 6, 2005

Thank you! I'll see that point with the SFT (French translators society) once I am part of it...

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 08:45
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Do a survey Jan 7, 2005

Send a short text to some agencies and ask, if they could translate it into French and how much it would cost you. Then you will know, how much you can charge yourself. You can use a friend to do the survey.

Sarah Ferrara  Identity Verified
Italy
Italian to English
rates tool Jan 12, 2005

Magali2 wrote:

Hi! I am trying to get started as a translator, with English, German, Spanish and Catalan into French. I would just like to know, very concretely, if it seems OK to you to ask 0,08 Euros a word to a French (or European) agency. Merci!

Hi, there is a new rates tool for translators available for free download if you sign up for a newsletter: goto
http://www.translatortoolkit.com/signup.htm

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

concrete prices per word into French

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search