Urgently need to find out how to receive payment in Bosnia-Hercegovina
Thread poster: Kale75 (X)
Kale75 (X)
Kale75 (X)
Local time: 03:52
English to Bosnian
+ ...
Jan 6, 2005

How can I open an account or even get the money when I finish offered job. There is no Bosnia listed on PayPal...Can anyone tell me how can I get paid, even I have open account at a bank in my country!!!
Please reply...URGENT

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-01-06 21:52]

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
We need a few facts... Jan 6, 2005

Hi Kale,
Welcome to ProZ.com.

First of all, calm down a bit - panicking won't help you get your money after all...

Paypal availability is indeed restricted to certain countries. There are a few alternatives, though: use the forum search function (check on the left) to search for Moneybookers, Ikobo or Western Union, to name but a few.

It's not clear from your posting whether or not you h
... See more
Hi Kale,
Welcome to ProZ.com.

First of all, calm down a bit - panicking won't help you get your money after all...

Paypal availability is indeed restricted to certain countries. There are a few alternatives, though: use the forum search function (check on the left) to search for Moneybookers, Ikobo or Western Union, to name but a few.

It's not clear from your posting whether or not you have a (local) bank account - do you? If you don't, it's probably a good idea to get one. Running a business without a bank account can be difficult.

Finally, if you have accepted a job, what were the payment terms agreed upon?

And on a general note: it's a good idea to check the fees involved before agreeing on any form of payment.

HTH - best regards,
Ralf
Collapse

Bernadette Mora
Bernadette Mora  Identity Verified
Spain
English to Spanish
+ ...
Bank transfer Jan 6, 2005

Hi

Bank transfer! Why not? You have a bank account, you only have to provide your customer with the swift code number and the IBAN so that the transfer from another country can be succesfully completed.Your bank will give you this information. But as Ralf says,be careful with all the fees involved. You ought to talk to your bank before receiving payment.
Good luck!
Bernadette

Almir Comor MITI
Almir Comor MITI  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2004)
English to Croatian
+ ...
Moneybookers.com Jan 6, 2005

Hi, check moneybookers.com

I have an account with them (they cover Bosnia)

qjiqji
qjiqji
China
Local time: 09:52
Chinese to English
go to WesternUnion Jan 7, 2005

I've experienced similar situation and get it resolved thru Western Union. Before you ask payer to send money via Westrn Union, make sure that one of your local banks has business connections with WU. So you can get your pay at that bank.

Nenija Hasanic
Nenija Hasanic
Bosnia and Herzegovina
English to Bosnian
+ ...
Devizna stedna knjizica Jan 7, 2005

Kale,

U osnovi je vrlo jednostavno. Otvoris deviznu stednu knjizicu npr. kod Zagrebacke unicredit banke i automatski imas broj deviznog racuna na koji mozes normalno primati doznake iz inostranstva. U banci ce ti po otvaranju knjizice dati uputstvo kako da primas doznake. IBAN ti ne treba jer u BiH jos nije zazivio. Ako je u pitanju manji iznos (do 150$) mozes slobodno primiti i cek. Ja ovako radim vec godinama i nikada nisam imao problema... o:)

Pozdrav,

N
... See more
Kale,

U osnovi je vrlo jednostavno. Otvoris deviznu stednu knjizicu npr. kod Zagrebacke unicredit banke i automatski imas broj deviznog racuna na koji mozes normalno primati doznake iz inostranstva. U banci ce ti po otvaranju knjizice dati uputstvo kako da primas doznake. IBAN ti ne treba jer u BiH jos nije zazivio. Ako je u pitanju manji iznos (do 150$) mozes slobodno primiti i cek. Ja ovako radim vec godinama i nikada nisam imao problema... o:)

Pozdrav,

Nenija
Collapse

A.Đapo
A.Đapo  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Member (2007)
English to Serbo-Croat
+ ...
devizni racun Jan 8, 2005

Devizni raèun i èekovi su trenutno najsigurniji naèin primanja novaca kad je Bosna u pitanju. Na naplatu èeka se èeka oko 20 dana a novac kao devizna doznaka stigne za 2 do 3 dana. U Zagrebaèkoj banci ti na ne naplaæuju proviziju ako doznaku ostaviš 7 dana. Sve ostalo je prilièno rizièno.

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
English, please... Jan 8, 2005

Folks,
I appreciate your assistance, but can we please keep postings in this forum in English? If you prefer to continue in Bosnian, I can move the thread to the Bosnian forum.

Would you like me to do that?

Thanks, Ralf

Kale75 (X)
Kale75 (X)
English to Bosnian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Money Transfer...Bank Account Jan 10, 2005

I use this opportunity to express my gratitude to all of those who offered help, and really helped me to open a bank account!
If I could be of some help to anyone here, please do not hesitate to contact me!
Thanks again!

Ahmedin Kalic wrote:

How can I open an account or even get the money when I finish offered job. There is no Bosnia listed on PayPal...Can anyone tell me how can I get paid, even I have open account at a bank in my country!!!
Please reply...URGENT

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-01-06 21:52]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Urgently need to find out how to receive payment in Bosnia-Hercegovina

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »