Thread poster: Nesrine Echroudi
Nesrine Echroudi
Nesrine Echroudi
Tunisia
English to French
+ ...
Mar 8, 2015

Hi,
I am facing a real problem in here!!! Receiving a payment from an outsourcer in Bangladesh amount around 2000 USD.
He says there's restrictions & he needs a permission from the central bank in Bangladesh. That was the 2 February (last month).( PS: more than 4 months delay) He didn't have the permission yet!!! What should I do, what should I think?? I am too kind ??? Should I report him on Proz ???
Thanx

[Edited at 2015-03-08 16:40 GMT]

[Edited at 2015-03-08 18
... See more
Hi,
I am facing a real problem in here!!! Receiving a payment from an outsourcer in Bangladesh amount around 2000 USD.
He says there's restrictions & he needs a permission from the central bank in Bangladesh. That was the 2 February (last month).( PS: more than 4 months delay) He didn't have the permission yet!!! What should I do, what should I think?? I am too kind ??? Should I report him on Proz ???
Thanx

[Edited at 2015-03-08 18:20 GMT]
Collapse

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 01:44
Danish to English
+ ...
Sounds like fraud Mar 8, 2015

You should definitely mention this in the Blue Board so others have a chance to avoid this trap.

Before entering into a contract of purchase of a translation, they should make sure they are able to pay for it. Obviously. It sounds like a load of BS.

Ask for a copy of their request to the Central Bank. If they refuse, it just confirms it's BS. Even if they give you a copy, it's not a valid excuse, as they should have sorted this out much earlier.

Andrea Halbritter
Andrea Halbritter  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 02:44
French to German
+ ...
Agree Mar 8, 2015

I agree with what Thomas wrote.

Simone Catania
Simone Catania  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2014)
German to Italian
+ ...

SITE LOCALIZER
sounds like scammer Mar 8, 2015

nesrine echroudi wrote:

he needs a permission from the central bank in Bangladesh.

Hi Nesrine,

I don't know if this is the case and I don't want to warn you but I heard this excuse about delay in payment because of bank permission in an Italian TV show about 'Nigerian 419 scams'.

Keep us updated and report the scammer in ProZ.

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Agree Mar 8, 2015

I agree with our colleagues. This excuse sounds quite phoney. Do make an entry on the person's Blue Board to keep others from being spammed by that person.

Good luck!

Nesrine Echroudi
Nesrine Echroudi
Tunisia
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Need more information Mar 8, 2015

In fact he sent me the payment for the first invoice abot two months ago and now am waiting for the second transfer. When we first agreed for the collaboration on the project, I was meant to be paid 20 days after the delivery of the translation. I'll call him by phone to ask for a copy of the request he advanced to his bank. If the matter is not solved this week, I'll definitly report him on Blue Board.
However, is there anybody who know more about such restrictions in Bangladesh & does th
... See more
In fact he sent me the payment for the first invoice abot two months ago and now am waiting for the second transfer. When we first agreed for the collaboration on the project, I was meant to be paid 20 days after the delivery of the translation. I'll call him by phone to ask for a copy of the request he advanced to his bank. If the matter is not solved this week, I'll definitly report him on Blue Board.
However, is there anybody who know more about such restrictions in Bangladesh & does they apply to amounts under 2000 USD especially for a translation company not an individual???
Thanx in advance
Collapse

Kirsten Bodart
Kirsten Bodart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
+ ...
Well Mar 8, 2015

Looking here http://bdlaws.minlaw.gov.bd/sections_detail.php?id=218§ions_id=3338, it seems that what this person is telling you, may be plausible.
Unless this has changed quite dramatically, but I don't have the impression it has.

Also we shouldn't assume that because we are in Europe that everything goes at the same kind of speed as it does
... See more
Looking here http://bdlaws.minlaw.gov.bd/sections_detail.php?id=218§ions_id=3338, it seems that what this person is telling you, may be plausible.
Unless this has changed quite dramatically, but I don't have the impression it has.

Also we shouldn't assume that because we are in Europe that everything goes at the same kind of speed as it does here. Other countries and particularly other continents, other laws and customs. Of course your problem is quite annoying and you really can't be sure you are not being lied to. Indeed, I would ask him a copy of that application to make sure he isn't using a real-life situation to scam you, which is entirely possible. If he is genuine, he'll understand you're upset and he'll hand you that copy no problem.
I'd wait and see.
Collapse

Nesrine Echroudi
Nesrine Echroudi
Tunisia
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you :) Mar 8, 2015

Kirsten Bodart wrote:

Looking here http://bdlaws.minlaw.gov.bd/sections_detail.php?id=218��ions_id=3338, it seems that what this person is telling you, may be plausible.

Also we shouldn't assume that because we are in Europe that everything goes at the same kind of speed as it does here. Other countries and particularly other continents, other laws and customs. Of course your problem is quite annoying and you really can't be sure you are not being lied to. Indeed, I would ask him a copy of that application to make sure he isn't using a real-life situation to scam you, which is entirely possible. If he is genuine, he'll understand you're upset and he'll hand you that copy no problem.
I'd wait and see.

Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei
Kuochoe Nikoi-Kotei  Identity Verified
Ghana
Local time: 00:44
Japanese to English
If possible Mar 9, 2015

If he manages to pay up, I would collect all future payments in advance if possible. 50% if you want to be really nice. Life is full of questions, but "Will I get paid?" shouldn't be one of them.

Grace Shalhoub
Grace Shalhoub  Identity Verified
France
French to English
+ ...
Having dealt with banks in Bangladesh Mar 9, 2015

... I can only confirm how slow they can be. My previous employer waited over 4 years to transfer money from Bangladesh....

Nesrine Echroudi
Nesrine Echroudi
Tunisia
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
My god but it's only 2000 dollars Mar 9, 2015

Grace Shalhoub wrote:

... I can only confirm how slow they can be. My previous employer waited over 4 years to transfer money from Bangladesh....

Kirsten Bodart
Kirsten Bodart  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Dutch to English
+ ...
'Only' 2,000 USD Mar 9, 2015

is a lot of money in Bangladesh, generally speaking anyway. As I understand it, no payments out of Bangladesh are allowed at all, unless exceptions are made by the National Bank. Seems to me like making sure people don't drain the country of their money. No wonder large numbers of rich or relatively rich people have their money in off-shore accounts. Who wouldn't? You can't do business that way in a globalised world.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Receiving payment from Bangladesh!!!

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »