https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/28308-paypal_how_can_i_receive_payments_in_usd_and_euro.html

PayPal: how can I receive payments in USD and EURO?
Thread poster: Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova
Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 23:27
English to Russian
+ ...
Jan 12, 2005

I couldn't find this information on PayPal site, so I need your help.

I would like to start receiving payments in euro to my PayPal account without converting them into USD.
When receiving money from a client I have 2 options:
- Accept this payment, convert it to XXX USD, and transfer it to my U.S. Dollar Balance
and
- Accept this payment in Euros and create a Euro Balance in my PayPal account

The question is: will I be able to withdraw euro
... See more

I would like to start receiving payments in euro to my PayPal account without converting them into USD.
- Accept this payment, convert it to XXX USD, and transfer it to my U.S. Dollar Balance
and

The question is: will I be able to withdraw euro from the same debit card I use for withdrawing USD from ATMs? Or this will be considered a new account requiring another card or else?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-01-12 17:54]
Collapse

tr. (X)
tr. (X)
English to Italian
ATM Jan 12, 2005

Natalya Zelikova wrote:

and

The question is: will I be able to withdraw euro from the same debit card I use for withdrawing USD from ATMs? Or this will be considered a new account requiring another card or else?

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2005-01-12 17:54]

Hi Natalya,

I'm not sure I understand - is the debit card you refer to a debit card you got from your own bank, in Europe, or from Paypal?

I thought they gave ATM cards only to US residents?

All I know is that if you do choose the second option (accept payments i Euro and set your main balance in Euro), then you simply withdraw your funds to your bank account and since they're in Euro already they don't need to be converted. Then, you can withdraw from your bank account with a local ATM card. So there should be no problem at all because how you withdraw with an ATM is nothing to do with Paypal, the money is already in your own bank account, in your local currency.

Apologies if I misunderstood your question. If you are talking of a Paypal ATM card in USD then I have no idea how it works...

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Confused Jan 12, 2005

I understand the premise that your bank issues you the debit card, and may issue you its own credit cards or accept to pay other credit cards issued by other banks/financial institutions.

In order to withdraw dollars physically, you need to have an account in that currency at your bank. So the same would apply for euro.

AFAIK, PayPal works in both dollars and euro, although I've never tried it in euro (European bank-to-bank transfers are cheaper for both outsourcers and
... See more
I understand the premise that your bank issues you the debit card, and may issue you its own credit cards or accept to pay other credit cards issued by other banks/financial institutions.

In order to withdraw dollars physically, you need to have an account in that currency at your bank. So the same would apply for euro.

AFAIK, PayPal works in both dollars and euro, although I've never tried it in euro (European bank-to-bank transfers are cheaper for both outsourcers and payees and easier to account for). But I just assume that what comes out outside the euro sphere (as legal tender) is what the currency of the account is.
Collapse

Natalya Zelikova
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
PayPal debit card Jan 12, 2005

The question is exactly about PayPal debit card (it's not my bank account).
I just need to know whether the only change in my account will be creating another (euro) balance, and I'll be still able to use the same Paypal debit card to withdraw the money?

DGK T-I
DGK T-I  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:27
Georgian to English
+ ...
Hello Natalya Jan 12, 2005

Natalya Zelikova wrote:

The question is exactly about PayPal debit card (it's not my bank account).
I just need to know whether the only change in my account will be creating another (euro) balance, and I'll be still able to use the same Paypal debit card to withdraw the money?

I don't know whether this reference gives the answer to your question, but it seems as if it might (unfortunately):

http://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=p/gen/ua/policy_debit-outside
User agreement:
"Withdraw cash from your PayPal Account. If you maintain balances in your account in currencies other than U.S. Dollars, you may only use your PayPal MasterCard ATM/Debit Card to withdraw from your U.S. Dollar balance."

(I don't know from experience, though)

[Edited at 2005-01-13 00:34]

Natalya Zelikova
Poland
English to Russian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Jan 13, 2005

Dr. Giuli Kvrivishvili wrote:

User agreement:
"Withdraw cash from your PayPal Account. If you maintain balances in your account in currencies other than U.S. Dollars, you may only use your PayPal MasterCard ATM/Debit Card to withdraw from your U.S. Dollar balance."

(I don't know from experience, though)

[Edited at 2005-01-13 00:34]

Thank you.

It's seems like what I was looking for and unfortunately like I can't withdraw euros.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

PayPal: how can I receive payments in USD and EURO?

Translation news

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »