Protocol Number?
Thread poster: xxxsjmdcl
xxxsjmdcl
Local time: 16:32
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 16, 2015

Has anybody here received money from Brazil via WU? This agency told me that they sent me a transfer on April 13th and they had no MTCN just a 'protocol number' which has 6 digits. This sounds weird...

[Edited at 2015-04-16 16:05 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

José Henrique Lamensdorf  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 17:32
English to Portuguese
+ ...
It's wrong, not weird Apr 16, 2015

I am in Brazil, and occasionally receive payments via WU.

The MTCN is a must-have. Your client MAY have overlooked it (as one of mine once did) among plenty of other information they got from WU. Without the MTCN nobody at the bank where you go to retrieve the money can locate your payment.

I suggest you insist that your client provides you with the MTCN. If they can't, it means that they have NOT sent you any payment via WU.

The process is online and immediate. I mean, during banking hours at your place, 20 minutes after a WU transfer has been made (it doesn't matter where), you should be able to cash in.

The only thing that may 'jam' the operation is if your client did it online, and failed to call their toll-free number to confirm the request. As I could ascertain from the receiving end, for security and data assurance reasons, WU will accept a transfer request online to avoid dictating and spelling out all those often foreign names and numbers over the phone, which could cause typing errors, however in this case they'll require confirmation via telephone.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Protocol Number?

Advanced search

LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search