Problem receiving payments via PayPal in Egypt.
Thread poster: Lotfi Abdolhaleem

Lotfi Abdolhaleem  Identity Verified
Egypt
Local time: 17:30
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jun 2, 2015

Hi All,

I am seeking information from a resident of Egypt who uses PayPal in receiving payments though his/her visa card which is issued from a bank operating in Egypt on how this is running.

Since I have been notified by PayPal on May 7th, 2015 that I can then on receive money via my PayPal account by the means of linking a (credit/debit/prepaid) visa card of mine which is issued in Egypt, I tried with 7 different Egyptian banks but all of them confirmed (including the Central Bank of Egypt) that NO visa card issued in Egypt may receive online deposits.

On the other hand, PayPal assures that many Egyptian residents are using their PayPal accounts normally with their visa cards linked to their PP accounts. So if you are one of such residents, would you please tell me how this is going on, or disambiguate this issue for me?

Thanks in advance,
Lotfi Abdolhaleem

Direct link Reply with quote

Mseoud
Egypt
I have the same problem Jul 26, 2015

Salaam my friend

Could you find a solution to this issue?

please help if you could

Egypt
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem receiving payments via PayPal in Egypt. Jul 26, 2015

The issue still persists, and the solution is only possible by PP!

HORUS 61
Egypt
English to Arabic
+ ...
Paypal in Egypt Mar 11, 2016

Lotfi Abdolhaleem wrote:

Hi All,

I am seeking information from a resident of Egypt who uses PayPal in receiving payments though his/her visa card which is issued from a bank operating in Egypt on how this is running.

Since I have been notified by PayPal on May 7th, 2015 that I can then on receive money via my PayPal account by the means of linking a (credit/debit/prepaid) visa card of mine which is issued in Egypt, I tried with 7 different Egyptian banks but all of them confirmed (including the Central Bank of Egypt) that NO visa card issued in Egypt may receive online deposits.

On the other hand, PayPal assures that many Egyptian residents are using their PayPal accounts normally with their visa cards linked to their PP accounts. So if you are one of such residents, would you please tell me how this is going on, or disambiguate this issue for me?

Thanks in advance,
Lotfi Abdolhaleem

Hello Lotfi ,

You can use those options , which I personally use , and validated PP account and working well . YET though , PP , WILL confiscate your money , for a period of 30 days , on a false claim that you need to prove that you have a good merchant history so that they fee your money when you receive it , I have been in full monty war with them for more than 6 months and lately it's an every day issue , hem lying and I am fighting their lies . Anyways , if you want to PP , I am using these two debit cards ::
payoneer,com ( it DID work with me ) and visa from dixipay ( for Egypt residences )

Good luck brother ,

Egypt
Member (2013)
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem receiving payments via PayPal in Egypt. Mar 13, 2016

Thank you very much indeed, HORUS 61!
I could cope it and my pp a/c is now running normally.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem receiving payments via PayPal in Egypt.

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search