Help in assessing site translation
Thread poster: rodiongork
rodiongork
rodiongork
Russian Federation
Jul 28, 2015

Hi!

I'm sorry for non-professional question here. Would be glad to hear hints if it is vague / wrong etc.

My site http://www.codeabbey.com has a collection of programming exercises. I want to translate their statements (not the site interface itself).

Some statements consist
... See more
Hi!

I'm sorry for non-professional question here. Would be glad to hear hints if it is vague / wrong etc.

My site http://www.codeabbey.com has a collection of programming exercises. I want to translate their statements (not the site interface itself).

Some statements consist of few lines only (short example) while more advanced problems are comparatively larger (long example). Right now only a couple dozens of first problems have translations to my native language (they have links "RU" in this list). You also may see that the English itself is poor here (I do not know it well, regretfully - and I knew it even worse 2 years ago when starting developing this site).

I'm interested in translations to many languages. Initially I thought it should cost enormous sum (like thousands bucks) and I should rely on free contributions from users (since the site is a free-to-use-hobby-project). However I was hinted that I am wrong (I thought average problem would cost me about $10) so I get completely bewildered and need to research this matter.

So I would be glad to understand what budget I need to plan and how I should organize the process. One of the problems is how to ensure the quality of translation. I think I should offer work by small chunks - e.g. offer to translate several problems and agree on the price before work is started.

As about quality - I do not expect super-professional translation (mainly because I could not verify the super-professionality).

I can add that I'm going to preserve authorship - i.e. translations are stored at github and they may bear the name of the translator if necessary. E.g. currently translated pages are collected like this. Texts use markdown here.
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Help in assessing site translation

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »