Julien Gaichet
Julien Gaichet
France
Local time: 11:47
English to French
+ ...
Aug 11, 2015

Hi !

I'm currently negotiating with a client of mine the possibility for me to manage few projects ? This is a near entry level position, it would involve managing freelancers, reviewing, follow up, client feedbacks and probably few reports and other tasks, but no TM, terminology of even CAT tools to work with.

They asked me about a per-project compensation. It would be very interesting to have some input... Is there any standards ? Any help is welcome...

T
... See more
Hi !

I'm currently negotiating with a client of mine the possibility for me to manage few projects ? This is a near entry level position, it would involve managing freelancers, reviewing, follow up, client feedbacks and probably few reports and other tasks, but no TM, terminology of even CAT tools to work with.

They asked me about a per-project compensation. It would be very interesting to have some input... Is there any standards ? Any help is welcome...

Thanks.
Collapse

Angela Malik
Angela Malik  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:47
German to English
+ ...
Base it on hourly charge Aug 12, 2015

Hi Julien,

As each project is bound to be different and require different amounts of work on your part, you could charge per hour for all of those tasks. If the client wants a fixed fee for each project, you could assess the individual project and what it entails, and then estimate the time you think you'll end up spending and charge that way.

Another option would be to act as an agency would and charge a significantly higher "translation" rate (like what an agency woul
... See more
Hi Julien,

As each project is bound to be different and require different amounts of work on your part, you could charge per hour for all of those tasks. If the client wants a fixed fee for each project, you could assess the individual project and what it entails, and then estimate the time you think you'll end up spending and charge that way.

Another option would be to act as an agency would and charge a significantly higher "translation" rate (like what an agency would charge an end client) and ensure that the rate is high enough to compensate for the work you do.

Just some ideas for you to get started...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Project Manager Compensation

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »