Translation jobs in Donauwörth, Germany
Thread poster: Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 22:03
English to Thai
+ ...
Sep 1, 2015

I guess this forum accepts the income related topic. I have a small question:
I plan to travel to work at Donauwörth, Germany in January - May 2016 as a Thai-English interpreter.
I will have days off of about 40 days in February 2016 and prefer not to fly back to my hometown, Bangkok.
I am looking forward to short-term translation jobs (e.g. GE>TH, EN>TH: technical/medical/legal domains) during those days to earn for daily allowance/expenses and to spend the free time.
... See more
I guess this forum accepts the income related topic. I have a small question:
I plan to travel to work at Donauwörth, Germany in January - May 2016 as a Thai-English interpreter.
I will have days off of about 40 days in February 2016 and prefer not to fly back to my hometown, Bangkok.
I am looking forward to short-term translation jobs (e.g. GE>TH, EN>TH: technical/medical/legal domains) during those days to earn for daily allowance/expenses and to spend the free time.
Could anyone give me some possibility e.g. Internet access related jobs from/for Munich or other cities?

Thanks in advance.

Soonthon L.
Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 16:03
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Sounds interesting Sep 1, 2015

But why do you need to look for local jobs if you're looking on the internet? I know that some interpreting jobs require a physical presence (as in your present case), but the majority of translation jobs don't. Good job for those of us who live on little islands.

Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)
Soonthon LUPKITARO(Ph.D.)  Identity Verified
Thailand
Local time: 22:03
English to Thai
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Sep 1, 2015

Sheila Wilson wrote:

But why do you need to look for local jobs if you're looking on the internet? I know that some interpreting jobs require a physical presence (as in your present case), but the majority of translation jobs don't. Good job for those of us who live on little islands.

Your concern is quite reasonable. My initial plan was physical presence of myself to the translation agencies while I will be at Donauwörth, Germany. I want to convince them that I am there to assist them seriously.
But in fact, internet based translation handling will be more helpful in this case.
I will revise my plan to keep myself still at some good place in Germany and go on with short-term translation jobs.

Soonthon L.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation jobs in Donauwörth, Germany

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »