Blessing Uzuegbu  Identity Verified
Nigeria
Local time: 09:43
Member (2018)
English to Igbo
+ ...
Sep 5, 2015

Hello,
Please how do I advise my costing in terms of per hour finished audio. I am new to proz.com, this is my first voice-over job. Kindly give me a guide on to give a costing for studio fees. My language pair is igbo to English.
Thank you.

Thayenga
Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:43
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Hourly rate Sep 10, 2015

Hello and welcome!

If you want to calculate your hourly rate, then you would have to assess how much you need per hour in order to pay your bills and make a living.

It seems that you are intending to use an external studio for the recordings. If so, then you should check their rates and at that to your invoice, based on how many hours you will need the studio. You can either include these "external" costs in your hourly rate or display them seperately on your invoice. I
... See more
Hello and welcome!

If you want to calculate your hourly rate, then you would have to assess how much you need per hour in order to pay your bills and make a living.

It seems that you are intending to use an external studio for the recordings. If so, then you should check their rates and at that to your invoice, based on how many hours you will need the studio. You can either include these "external" costs in your hourly rate or display them seperately on your invoice. It all depends on how long it takes you to complete a certain job and how much you will have to pay to the studio. I hope this helps.
Collapse

Blessing Uzuegbu
Blessing Uzuegbu  Identity Verified
Nigeria
Local time: 09:43
Member (2018)
English to Igbo
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Sep 10, 2015

Thank you so much for your response. It really helps. Yes I intend to use external studio because I don't have any resources on my own. Please how do I purchased a recording for my voice-over job in the future? I will have to include the studio fee. Thank you very much.

Thayenga wrote:

Hello and welcome!

It seems that you are intending to use an external studio for the recordings. If so, then you should check their rates and at that to your invoice, based on how many hours you will need the studio. You can either include these "external" costs in your hourly rate or display them seperately on your invoice. It all depends on how long it takes you to complete a certain job and how much you will have to pay to the studio. I hope this helps.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

voice-over ratings

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »