Thread poster: Edward Potter

Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:17
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 11, 2005

Does anyone know of a semi-reliable (I cannot expect reliable) way of checking out the credit status of Spanish companies?

Direct link Reply with quote

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
RAI Feb 11, 2005

or Registro de Aceptaciones Impagadas. For more information, see: http://www.el-mundo.es/sudinero/noticias/act-137-05.html

This is very reliable, but for that reason may take quite a long time before people are registered (i.e., the information may come too late). Understandably, not an open register for free consultation. You may need to go to an authorized agency.

peixe
Member (2005)
Portuguese to Spanish
+ ...
Registro Mercantil Feb 11, 2005

Si se trata de sociedades mercantiles puede verse un resumen de las cuentas anuales, que, si no me equivoco se entregan en junio o en julio. A la vista de las mismas, si hay pérdidas o beneficios, puede deducirse, con bastante aproximación, cómo va esa empresa. En otro ámbito, en el Registro de la Propiedad, que también es público, puede verse si el inmueble de la empresa, y que parece de la propiedad de ella, lo es realmente o no ; así como si está hipotecado, tiene algún embargo, etc. Luego está el RAI (registro de impagados) que creo - no lo conozco muy bien - está relacionado con títulos valores impagados y que manejaría la banca para conocer la solvencia de eventuales clientes. No sé me ocurre más. Buen fin de semana.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
English, please... Feb 11, 2005

Hi 'peixe',
Thanks for responding - would you mind re-posting in English, so others can benefit, too?

Thanks, and best regards,
Ralf

Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
I'll pick it up a bit, Ralf Feb 12, 2005

What peixe was pointing out is that the annual reports submitted to the Commercial Register by business companies around June-July are open documents, and if you're looking into assets, the Register of Deeds will tell you whether or not there are any liens/embargoes on real property declared. Then, there is the RAI.

I suggested that in the first place because the RAI reflects smaller cases of default like promissory notes, unpaid bills, homeowner association receipts, bad trading debts, etc.. Understandably, though, it is a last resort and a year or two can pass in fruitless collection before the case gets there. Once registered, however, it marks the person almost practically for life, so the banks use it as a gauge of credit-worthiness (for credit cards, overdraft accounts, mortgages and consumer credit). It works for both legal and physical persons.

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Thanks, Ceci... Feb 12, 2005

...much appreciated!

Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
speed Feb 12, 2005

And how fast can you check using these resources?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Credit status of Spanish companies

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search