Clients Can Now Enjoy Translation Services Starting from $0.03 during the Halloween Sales Period
Thread poster: LegalTransform

LegalTransform  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:18
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 22, 2015

Clients can now enjoy "the" translation services... I guess you get what you pay for.

http://business.itbusinessnet.com/article/Clients-Can-Now-Enjoy-the-Translation-Services-Starting-from-003-during-the-Halloween-Sales-Period-4128414

[Edited at 2015-10-22 14:09 GMT]

Jean Lachaud  Identity Verified
United States
English to French
+ ...
Chinese agency Oct 22, 2015

Contrary to what the article claims, that company is not in the New York but in China, as can be ascertained quickly by clicking on "Contact Us" on their web site.

In case one had not been questioning the words "the leading provider of translation services"...

Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Member (2014)
Danish to English
+ ...
Horrors Oct 22, 2015

I guess the results will contain as many horrors as Halloween.

David Wright  Identity Verified
Austria
Local time: 10:18
German to English
+ ...
I wonder Oct 22, 2015

exactly what a "fat turnaround" looks like. In any event, it says all you need to know about teh quality that is going to come out if they can't even proofread their own adverts properly!

And for me:
For new and existing clients, they can use the promotional code ANYTRANS150519-70 to enjoy transcription service at a 30% discount.
is bad English. As is the sentence that follows it.

and actuaolly you could continue and pull teh text apart completely. Would a prospective client notice, though?

LegalTransform  Identity Verified
United States
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
China is in trouble in 2017... Oct 22, 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDrfE9I8_hs

JL01 wrote:

Contrary to what the article claims, that company is not in the New York but in China, as can be ascertained quickly by clicking on "Contact Us" on their web site.

In case one had not been questioning the words "the leading provider of translation services"...

simpetnet2
Kenya
Local time: 11:18
French to Afrihili
About that Chinese company Oct 22, 2015

Someone confused contact us with count on US.Or maybe another phony from the oriental giant

Robin Levey
Chile
Local time: 05:18
Spanish to English
+ ...
Hmmm... Oct 23, 2015

I first saw this thread around 4 hours ago. I've been *acking my tired brain since then trying to decide whether "$0.03" is the trick - or the treat.

And now I've another (and far more serious) problem: I can't remember how to spell (w)racking in my native Queen's / BBC Englishicon_frown.gif

RL

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Clients Can Now Enjoy Translation Services Starting from $0.03 during the Halloween Sales Period

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search