Thread poster: Vadim Kadyrov

Vadim Kadyrov  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 21:19
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 30, 2015

A lot has been said about peanuts, monkeys, and the like.

But this article (http://on.thestar.com/1GyEkUo) is something absolutely new to me.
First, it is quite shocking to see a lot of people willing to do business with these guys literally wrapped in debts (like we, Russians, say). 30-odd court cases filed against this translation company, and still, there are people who, cherishing a hope of getting paid, voluntarily take projects from them - just take a look at their BlueBoard rating if you like.

Well, the quoted price is then has to be doubled, because you will inevitably end up filing a court case and paying the corresponding costs. Why not? Just double your per-word rate. Bingo!

But seriously. I am shocked.

And second, owners of the company seem to be safe and sound. Nothing is able to destabilize them. Zen buddhists.

P.S. I know translators and (conference) interpreters (?) can get desperate sometimes, but not that much!

P.P.S. "The company continues to enjoy contracts with government agencies".

[Edited at 2015-10-30 08:43 GMT]

Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:19
English to French
Already highlighted Oct 30, 2015

http://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/293672-translation_company_doesnt_pay_or_is_slow_to_do_so_say_workers.html

I don't understand either.

Philippe

Romina Navarro
Argentina
Local time: 15:19
English to Spanish
I don't blame the agency... Oct 30, 2015

...but the translators who feed it!

There's no excuse to work for someone who does not pay and I feel no pity at all.
When you choose to work with them even having all the necessary information handy to be aware, you are not a "victim".

I don't understand either, but anyway, I don't want to understand.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I often wonder where is the limit

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search