I often wonder where is the limit
Thread poster: Vadim Kadyrov

Vadim Kadyrov  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:14
Member (2011)
English to Russian
+ ...
Oct 30, 2015

A lot has been said about peanuts, monkeys, and the like.

But this article (http://on.thestar.com/1GyEkUo) is something absolutely new to me.
First, it is quite shocking to see a lot of people willing to do business with these guys literally wrapped in debts (like we, Russians, say). 30-odd court cases filed against this translation company, and still, there are people who, cherishing a hope of getting paid, voluntarily take projects from them - just take a look at their BlueBoard rating if you like.

Well, the quoted price is then has to be doubled, because you will inevitably end up filing a court case and paying the corresponding costs. Why not? Just double your per-word rate. Bingo!

But seriously. I am shocked.

And second, owners of the company seem to be safe and sound. Nothing is able to destabilize them. Zen buddhists.

P.S. I know translators and (conference) interpreters (?) can get desperate sometimes, but not that much!

P.P.S. "The company continues to enjoy contracts with government agencies".

[Edited at 2015-10-30 08:43 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Philippe Etienne  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:14
English to French
Already highlighted Oct 30, 2015

I don't understand either.

Romina Navarro
Local time: 10:14
English to Spanish
I don't blame the agency... Oct 30, 2015

...but the translators who feed it!

There's no excuse to work for someone who does not pay and I feel no pity at all.
When you choose to work with them even having all the necessary information handy to be aware, you are not a "victim".

I don't understand either, but anyway, I don't want to understand.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

I often wonder where is the limit

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

• All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search