Souksamay Saisouphanh
Laos
Local time: 00:57
Member (2008)
English to Lao
+ ...
Nov 15, 2015

Hello,

I did a project for a Vietnamese company, They owed me more than 150$, and they did not pay me and did not reply my emails at all.

Pls anyone have any ideas on how to claim the money.

Regards
Souksamay

[Edited at 2015-11-15 11:15 GMT]

Dylan Jan Hartmann  Identity Verified
Australia
Member (2014)
Thai to English
+ ...

Hassle and nag Nov 16, 2015

How long has it been?

Tried calling?

Best of luck!

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 18:57
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
The most important thing Nov 16, 2015

There's no point in doing much at all if the company has stopped trading. All you can do in that case is to formally register the debt in case there's some money left over after banks, services etc have taken their share. I imagine it works the same the world over.

If it's a case of won't pay rather than can't pay, you need to escalate things in stages. This will show that you aren't going away. There are various possibilities:
- emails to various email addresses
- phone calls
- letters sent through the post.

A final demand letter sent registered post with proof of delivery ia required in some (many?) countries as proof that the client knows of the debt.

Then there are lawyer's letters - their stationery sometimes works wonders. Finally, there's the choice of the courts or a debt recovery company.

At the same time, alert others to the problem by posting an entry on the BB here and on other sites.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to claim money from a Vietnamese company

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search