How to declare income and pay tax in Italy
Thread poster: ikuehirata

ikuehirata
Italy
Dec 13, 2015

Hello translators,

I am a resident in Italy, work as a researcher of "lavoro autonomo", and am starting a side-job of translation. My income by the translations will be well below €35,000 annual and I am not going to have a VAT number. In this case, how should I declare my income by the translations and pay the tax for that? Tax for the income as a researcher is already taxed, including INPS, INAIL, and IRPEF.

Thank you very much for your help.

writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Ask an Italian accountant Dec 14, 2015

I suggest you contact an Italian accountant. You can also try to get information from the Italian tax authorities (maybe there is info online), but personally I suggest talking to an accountant first.

ikuehirata
Italy
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 14, 2015

Thanks a lot!icon_smile.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to declare income and pay tax in Italy

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search