How to declare income and pay tax in Italy
Thread poster: ikuehirata
ikuehirata
ikuehirata
Italy
Dec 13, 2015

Hello translators,

I am a resident in Italy, work as a researcher of "lavoro autonomo", and am starting a side-job of translation. My income by the translations will be well below €35,000 annual and I am not going to have a VAT number. In this case, how should I declare my income by the translations and pay the tax for that? Tax for the income as a researcher is already taxed, including INPS, INAIL, and IRPEF.

Thank you very much for your help.

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Ask an Italian accountant Dec 14, 2015

I suggest you contact an Italian accountant. You can also try to get information from the Italian tax authorities (maybe there is info online), but personally I suggest talking to an accountant first.

ikuehirata
ikuehirata
Italy
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Dec 14, 2015

Thanks a lot!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to declare income and pay tax in Italy

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »