The Magic Number is EUR 0.15 (currently U.S. 0.166): Translator Rate Survey Released in Germany
Thread poster: LegalTransform

LegalTransform  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 10:21
Member (2002)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Feb 3, 2016

http://slator.com/industry-news/the-magic-number-is-eur-0-15-translator-rate-survey-released-in-germany/

Direct link Reply with quote

Thayenga  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:21
Member (2009)
English to German
+ ...
Indeed Feb 3, 2016

Thank you Jeff.

I received my copy of the survey and must admit that this is the way it should be.

On the humerous side of the coin, this is what many job posters offer, well, except for having slipped in a zero after the dot / comma: 0.015

EvaVer  Identity Verified
Local time: 16:21
Member (2012)
Czech to English
+ ...
In Germany, yes Feb 4, 2016

but not in other European countries - even some with nominaly the same or higher cost of life.

Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:21
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
No JPN<->DE figures Feb 4, 2016

Thayenga wrote:
I received my copy of the survey and must admit that this is the way it should be.

Looking at my copy I was disappointed not to find (at least, I couldn't find) any information on translation into and from Japanese. There's interpreting, but no translation. On the other hand, I guess that suggests that supply of these services is relatively limited, which is probably a good thing in some ways.

Dan

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

The Magic Number is EUR 0.15 (currently U.S. 0.166): Translator Rate Survey Released in Germany

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search