Thread poster: Helena Grahn

Helena Grahn  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:33
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Feb 8, 2016

An agency in Girona is not payment me and I wonder how I can move an action against it at the Small Claims Court in Girona. I am based in the UK so I have no idea how it works there and how I can find the right email address. Anyone in Spain that can help me?

Direct link Reply with quote

Álvaro Espantaleón  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 23:33
Member (2015)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Here Feb 8, 2016

https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_order_for_payment_procedures-41-en.do

Just fill in the form and post it. I have never used this procedure, but it should be as simple as that.

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Perhaps even simpler Feb 8, 2016

Alvaro Espantaleon wrote:
https://e-justice.europa.eu/content_order_for_payment_procedures-41-en.do

Just fill in the form and post it. I have never used this procedure, but it should be as simple as that.

I started along this route once, when I was living in Spain and my (ex-)client was in France. I didn't find it particularly easy to complete the form, but legal things rarely are, and at least I was able to choose French or even English as the language, rather than Spanish. The problem was that the PO is also used in cases that are a lot more complicated than ours, and it's difficult figuring out what applies and what doesn't. But I did prepare one, then saved the form as a PDF rather than submitting it straight away. I sent an email to the client, attaching the PDF, telling him that I would submit it on a certain date if I hadn't received his payment. It arrived the following day. He clearly realised that I wasn't just going to go away, and he didn't want trouble with the courts.

I have to say that you do hear of people waiting a long time for any response, and others who have received a judgement in their favour but the client still refuses to pay - and there doesn't always seem to be an easy way to make them. But I imagine non-payment would cause a lot of problems for an agency, particularly as you would no doubt want to warn your peers of their unreliability.

Helena Grahn  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2006)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Paid Feb 8, 2016

Well, I still cannot see on my bank acc. as we are in different countries. However, have just received an email from the client saying they made the payment. So... all is well, I suppose. Tks!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Small Claims Courts in Spain

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search