Actual market rates for the French to Czech language translations
Thread poster: Jana Zezulova
Jana Zezulova
Czech Republic
Local time: 12:37
French to Czech
Feb 19, 2016

Dear Colleagues,
I would like to ask you for your opinion regarding rates on the current European market, for French-Czech combination translations. The rules seem way to much different from rates which apply within the Czech translation market.

I have red the SFT study for the year 2015, but I cant say I have got more clear view in it doing so. To me, the rates mentioned in the study seem still to random and I hesitate what are really the reasonable limits.

I would appreciate your professional experience and any advice what to charge to a translation agency for the mentioned language pair.

Thank you very much in advance and have a good day ahead!

Direct link Reply with quote

EvaVer  Identity Verified
Member (2012)
Czech to English
+ ...
Very different between agencies Feb 19, 2016

and between countries. There is, in fact, no such thing as an "European market". But as 1) you live in the CR and so do most people translating into Czech (and therefore you are expected to be "low-cost"), and 2) most clients for your pair outside the CR will be in France, which is a difficult country for getting good prices and for getting paid at all, and 3) most French final clients (at least these having any regular work in your pair) will use Eastern-European agencies anyway, you cannot expect the same rates as DE/EN translators for example. You can get better rates than in France and timely payment in Switzerland, but jobs in your pair are rare there. As to actual figures, sorry, I consider them confidential. Let's say that my highest rate to date (offered by the client, I wouldn't have dared to ask for it!) is twice the lowest rate I accept abroad. I must say that I translate several pairs, this is not only FR/CZ.

Jana Zezulova
Czech Republic
French to Czech
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Feb 22, 2016

EvaVer wrote:

and between countries. There is, in fact, no such thing as an "European market". But as 1) you live in the CR and so do most people translating into Czech (and therefore you are expected to be "low-cost"), and 2) most clients for your pair outside the CR will be in France, which is a difficult country for getting good prices and for getting paid at all, and 3) most French final clients (at least these having any regular work in your pair) will use Eastern-European agencies anyway, you cannot expect the same rates as DE/EN translators for example. You can get better rates than in France and timely payment in Switzerland, but jobs in your pair are rare there. As to actual figures, sorry, I consider them confidential. Let's say that my highest rate to date (offered by the client, I wouldn't have dared to ask for it!) is twice the lowest rate I accept abroad. I must say that I translate several pairs, this is not only FR/CZ.

Thank you very much Eva for you reply. I appreciate that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Actual market rates for the French to Czech language translations

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search