Most commonly used payment interface in your country
Thread poster: v2pactera
v2pactera
v2pactera
United States
Local time: 01:44
Mar 21, 2016

Hi All,

We require valuable feedback from you freelancers!

We are conducting a survey to find out the most popular and widely used payment interface in your respective countries.

Please provide answers with your respective countries and payment method interface that you prefer (Eg: Online banking(name), Paypal, etc):-)

Thanking you for your time. We appreciate it!!

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:44
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Of course wire transfer Mar 22, 2016

All use online banking in the EU. Don't you?

Paweł Hamerski
Paweł Hamerski
Poland
Local time: 10:44
English to Polish
+ ...
Exactly Mar 22, 2016

+1

v2pactera
v2pactera
United States
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Mar 22, 2016

We were just figuring out the most popular method.
Thanks for the feedback though

Do you like any particular site? Or bank associated online banking?

If you do of any other countries, do let us know, would be a great help!

[Edited at 2016-03-22 16:51 GMT]

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:44
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Wire transfers... Mar 22, 2016

... are for sure the most commonly used payment interfaces in Belgium and in Portugal (the two EU countries I know best)!

v2pactera
v2pactera
United States
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a lot Mar 22, 2016

Thanks a lot

Any particukar site you would recommend, or associated with banks located in the respective countries

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:44
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Bank to bank Mar 22, 2016

v2pactera wrote:
Any particukar site you would recommend, or associated with banks located in the respective countries

There's no need for any interface whatsoever. Just wire transfers between banks, initiated on-line. Simple, fast to do and fast to receive. And for many transactions there's no charge for either party.

Anton Konashenok
Anton Konashenok  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
French to English
+ ...
EU situation in American terms Mar 22, 2016

In the EU, the answer is trivial because of SEPA (Single European Payment Area): international bank transfers in EUR cost the same as domestic ones. In U.S. terms, they are more like EFT/ACH direct deposits rather than wire transfers, being cheap or sometimes even free. They are normally available online to all customers, not just corporate ones. Paper checks are a thing of the past, and services like Paypal and the like are fine for micropayments and shopping, but don't give much advantage in s... See more
In the EU, the answer is trivial because of SEPA (Single European Payment Area): international bank transfers in EUR cost the same as domestic ones. In U.S. terms, they are more like EFT/ACH direct deposits rather than wire transfers, being cheap or sometimes even free. They are normally available online to all customers, not just corporate ones. Paper checks are a thing of the past, and services like Paypal and the like are fine for micropayments and shopping, but don't give much advantage in settlements between a translator and a client.

On the other hand, for incoming payments from non-EU countries, bank transfers only make sense for reasonably large amounts, and this is where non-banking payment systems come into play; nevertheless, they aren't "preferred", they are merely tolerated for lack of better methods. On the other hand, if I were to accept a lot of small payments, I might choose to open a card acquiring account and accept card payments.

[Edited at 2016-03-22 22:17 GMT]
Collapse

Brittany Jones
Brittany Jones  Identity Verified
Egypt
Arabic to English
Both wire transfer and Paypal Mar 23, 2016

I live in Egypt. Many of the EU-based companies I work with pay via wire transfer but many also pay through Paypal (it's usually for relatively small amounts). The Egyptian-based companies deposit the money into my Egyptian bank account and anyone else uses Paypal.

v2pactera
v2pactera
United States
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks again Mar 23, 2016

All of you feedback were so valuable, thanks so much

Susan Ruusunen
Susan Ruusunen  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 11:44
English to Finnish
+ ...
Bank transfer Mar 25, 2016

Online bank transfer here, too, just like Sheila Wilson above said.
Fast and efficient, without extra costs for the reciever from most countries. SEPA also makes it easy and payment received usually in 1-3 days in Europe.
Domestic ones here in Finland don't cost any extra, neither does accepting transfers (at least for the banks I've had) from most countries.

Paypal only if absolutely necessary, as they charge appalling rates just for receiving the transfer (that I don't
... See more
Online bank transfer here, too, just like Sheila Wilson above said.
Fast and efficient, without extra costs for the reciever from most countries. SEPA also makes it easy and payment received usually in 1-3 days in Europe.
Domestic ones here in Finland don't cost any extra, neither does accepting transfers (at least for the banks I've had) from most countries.

Paypal only if absolutely necessary, as they charge appalling rates just for receiving the transfer (that I don't agree to pay myself as the receiver).
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Most commonly used payment interface in your country

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »