Thread poster: Peters Trans

Peters Trans
France
Local time: 18:10
Spanish to English
+ ...
Mar 2, 2005

Hello all,

I'm relatively new to France and have been registered in the URSAFF since the late last year. So far I've been able to handle all administrative requirements/forms (or at least I think/hope I have!).
Due to family reasons (illness in the family) I have been away from France a lot recently and thus I'm late returning form N°3310-K-CA3 "Taxe sur la valeur ajoutée (et taxes assimilées) - Régime du réel - mini réel", and I'm heading off again tomorrow and want to get this form off, but I don't have a clue how to fill it out. I've phoned my local Maison des Impôts yesterday and this morning, but had no luck in qetting a response.
My situation: Registered in URSAFF after last summer. I wasn't given a numéro de TVA intracommunautaire, which I needed for invoicing my clients all of whom until very recently were outside France in other EU states. My Maison des Impôts didn't understand why I needed the N° TVA, but eventually assigned me one.
This déclaration is for the 4ème trimestre 2004 and during that period all my invoicing was to other VAT registered companies in other EU countries (none in France), so I charged absoloutely no VAT in that period. This said, can anyone tell me how to fill in the form, do I just leave it in blank crossing out the "casse" for "déclaration "néant"?? I'm really quite worried about this. Tax office is helping me (yet I must say on previous occassions they were very helpful) and I don't have an accountante (as of yet)... I did speak to a very kind one a couple of days ago about this, she didn't really help though, and said that as a "micro entreprise" I didn't have to worry too much nor did she think it was worth my while paying an accountant until I see after my first year operating in France if my invoicing is over a certain amount.
Please help. Merci d'avance!

[Edited at 2005-03-02 10:07]

[Edited at 2005-03-02 10:08]

Direct link Reply with quote

Claudia Iglesias  Identity Verified
Chile
Local time: 13:10
Member (2002)
Spanish to French
+ ...
Try the French forum Mar 2, 2005

Hi Peter

Try the French forum for your request, it might bring you more answers.

Good luck

Claudia

Lakshmi Iyer  Identity Verified
France
Italian to English
+ ...
Go to your local tax office Mar 2, 2005

Hi there,
I agree with Claudia that you will probably get more substantial answers in the French forum; there are a lot of very helpful people out there.
That said, just in case you didn't know: a VAT number is optional if you earn less than 27,000 euros a year and are registered as a micro-BNC.
If it is at all possible I would suggest you actually go down to your local tax office. This kind of thing can be difficult to sort out over the 'phone. Take the form and your URSSAF file with you, pop down to your tax office and discuss it in person. I did it once and found them very helpful.
Good luck!

Florence B  Identity Verified
France
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
Try to cancel that VAT number Mar 2, 2005

As long as you're in "micro", you should never have asked for a VAT number. It would have been worth only in case you would have needed to buy a lot of things, in order to retrieve the value of the VAT. This is usually not the case for a translator.

The "micro" accounting is simple as possible and an accountant is completely useless - you write your gross income on the forms, and 37% is automatically deduced for your expenses and charges (including the VAT *spent*).

You don't have to give a VAT number, or to invoice VAT to anybody. Your invoices should simply bear the mention:
"T.V.A. non applicable art 293B du C.G.I."

Now that you have asked for a VAT number, you might not be able to take advantage of the "Micro" system - but the good point seems to be that there is a chance that you can have it cancelled, as you haven't used it at all.

Florence

Peters Trans
France
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 2, 2005

Thanks for all your replies so far and my apologies for not answering sooner. Today has got off to a bad start... my hot water pipes froze "again" last night, and 'decided' to burst this morning. On top of this they arebetween the ceiling and the roof and consequently part of my livingroom ceiling has collapsed... and I can't find a plumber... A this happened in the "sunny" southwest (Toulouse).

Will check the VAT out later, it'll have to wait a little bit more now, and I have to cancel my trip home tomorrow! AHHHHHH

Cross your fingers for me!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Filling out French VAT forms

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search