Looking for debt collectors in Obwalden (Switzerland)
Thread poster: C. Heljestrand

C. Heljestrand  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:23
Spanish to Swedish
+ ...
May 16, 2016

Hi dear colleagues!

I have a payment problem with a Swiss translation company. They owe me and two other translators +5,500 EUR since December 2014. We are looking for a Swiss debt collector willing to take on the collection job. We would be very grateful for some suggestions about debt collector firms. Preferably in the kanton Obwalden and/or near Sarnen. And preferably some smaller firm (not Intrum Justitia for example).

Thanks!

Rgds / Christer Heljestrand

ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Debt collection May 17, 2016

Hi Christer,
Sorry to hear about your problems!
Just one question: Did you already contact the local debt enforcement office? This would be the official procedure.
Regards,
Irene

C. Heljestrand  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Betreibungsamt? May 17, 2016

Hi again: Those are the "Betreibungsamt"? I did contact them, still no reply. I just want to open up a Plan E as well, my so called Plan A to C didn´t work out very well. I have tried to collect the debt myself, then I hired a Spanish debt collector (who "stole" another 150 euro from me) and then I have been talking to a lawyer in Switzerland. That last option is a bit risky and above all, could be very expensive. I don´t want to lose more money on this. Apart from the real money, I already spent some +60 working hours on the matter (during 18 months).

So I´d be grateful if you could give me some tips about debt collectors in Obwalden. Preferably someone small and hungry ... Thanks!

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:23
Member (2008)
Italian to English
English people in Switzerland May 17, 2016

C. Heljestrand wrote:

Hi again: Those are the "Betreibungsamt"? I did contact them, still no reply. I just want to open up a Plan E as well, my so called Plan A to C didn´t work out very well. I have tried to collect the debt myself, then I hired a Spanish debt collector (who "stole" another 150 euro from me) and then I have been talking to a lawyer in Switzerland. That last option is a bit risky and above all, could be very expensive. I don´t want to lose more money on this. Apart from the real money, I already spent some +60 working hours on the matter (during 18 months).

So I´d be grateful if you could give me some tips about debt collectors in Obwalden. Preferably someone small and hungry ... Thanks!

You may find some pointers here:

http://www.englishforum.ch/finance-banking-taxation/

[Edited at 2016-05-17 07:28 GMT]

ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Betreibungsamt May 17, 2016

Hi Christer,

Yes, this is the «Betreibungsamt» and you definitely need to follow the official procedure. From your profile I saw that you know German (at least as a source language). So have a look at the following link where you can fill in the relevant form online:
https://www.e-service.admin.ch/eschkg/cms/navigation/Betreibung/99_index_html_de

Hope that helps!
Irene

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Looking for debt collectors in Obwalden (Switzerland)

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search