iKobo - Not for online payments
Thread poster: Pablo Roufogalis
Pablo Roufogalis
Colombia
Local time: 17:34
English to Spanish
Mar 14, 2005

Hello to all.

Several months ago I opened an account at iKobo.com and finally was able to activate it.

I discovered to my surprise that the card they issue cannot be used for online payments.

It was probably my mistake in thinking that it could but maybe I can help others by indicating it here.

Best regards.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Mihail M Mateev
Bulgaria
Local time: 01:34
Member
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
it is not a credit card, it is a debit card... Mar 14, 2005

... for payment via iKobo system.

BR,

Misho

Pablo Roufogalis wrote:

Hello to all.

Several months ago I opened an account at iKobo.com and finally was able to activate it.

I discovered to my surprise that the card they issue cannot be used for online payments.

It was probably my mistake in thinking that it could but maybe I can help others by indicating it here.

Best regards.


Direct link Reply with quote
 
Pablo Roufogalis
Colombia
Local time: 17:34
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Debit cards can Mar 14, 2005

misho wrote:

... for payment via iKobo system.



Hello misho.

Most, if not all, bank debit cards are accepted online.

The iKobo card is very limited. Also, the only way you can send money to an iKobo account is a Visa card.

Not the best choice, in my opinion.


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 00:34
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Where to pay by debit card online? Mar 15, 2005

Pablo Roufogalis wrote:
Most, if not all, bank debit cards are accepted online.


Really? I have never seen such a site. Can you give me a URL or two?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 00:34
English to German
+ ...
Any site, really... Mar 15, 2005

Hi Samuel,
Samuel Murray-Smit wrote:

Pablo Roufogalis wrote:
Most, if not all, bank debit cards are accepted online.


Really? I have never seen such a site. Can you give me a URL or two?

I'm not sure whether we're talking about the same type of card here. I have a Switch debit card issued by Barclays in the UK - as this is also a Visa card, I can use it for online purchases. Same goes for my American Express card, which - strictly speaking - is also a debit card, albeit not in the strictest sense.

Best regards,
Ralf


Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

iKobo - Not for online payments

Advanced search







Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search