recommended UK accountants for translators?
Thread poster: pippahurd

pippahurd
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Sep 9, 2016

Can anyone recommend a good UK accountant for a sole trader translator? I'm looking for someone who can deal with income earned in euros, sterling and sometimes dollars, HMRC fiscal residence forms required by clients, and other translation related issues, etc. Are there any good ones out there? Thanks in advance.

Mirelluk  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:03
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Where in UK Sep 9, 2016

Hi,

It would be useful to know where you are based as it is much easier to interact with an accountant in your same town/city when you need to meet in person.

Regards, M

[Edited at 2016-09-09 12:20 GMT]

pippahurd
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for your response Sep 9, 2016

Hi M,

I'm in London, but I'm finding London accountants more and more expensive hence my search for a new one. I'm actually not bothered where they are in the UK. In the past I've scarcely if ever met my accountant and find I can do everything online or on the phone.

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:03
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Private Sep 9, 2016

pippahurd wrote:

Hi M,

I'm in London, but I'm finding London accountants more and more expensive hence my search for a new one. I'm actually not bothered where they are in the UK. In the past I've scarcely if ever met my accountant and find I can do everything online or on the phone.

Please contact me privately. I can help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

recommended UK accountants for translators?

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search