recommended UK accountants for translators?
Thread poster: pippahurd
pippahurd
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
Sep 9, 2016

Can anyone recommend a good UK accountant for a sole trader translator? I'm looking for someone who can deal with income earned in euros, sterling and sometimes dollars, HMRC fiscal residence forms required by clients, and other translation related issues, etc. Are there any good ones out there? Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Mirelluk  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:38
Member (2005)
English to Italian
+ ...
Where in UK Sep 9, 2016

Hi,

It would be useful to know where you are based as it is much easier to interact with an accountant in your same town/city when you need to meet in person.

Regards, M

[Edited at 2016-09-09 12:20 GMT]

pippahurd
United Kingdom
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
thanks for your response Sep 9, 2016

Hi M,

I'm in London, but I'm finding London accountants more and more expensive hence my search for a new one. I'm actually not bothered where they are in the UK. In the past I've scarcely if ever met my accountant and find I can do everything online or on the phone.

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:38
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Private Sep 9, 2016

pippahurd wrote:

Hi M,

I'm in London, but I'm finding London accountants more and more expensive hence my search for a new one. I'm actually not bothered where they are in the UK. In the past I've scarcely if ever met my accountant and find I can do everything online or on the phone.

Please contact me privately. I can help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

recommended UK accountants for translators?

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search