Thread poster: Mohd Hamzah

Mohd Hamzah  Identity Verified
Malaysia
Local time: 14:25
English to Malay
+ ...
Oct 4, 2016

Hi.

Hope you are doing well. If somebody could share the experience on how to overcome the problem when your client payment is pending in PayPal (PP) system and you cannot do anything (instead of emailing and asking) but have to wait 21 days until it will be released. If the invoice will be paid after 45 days, you have to wait another 21 days (this is PP system) before you can use the money for bills payment, yourself etc.

Kindly share if there is effective way to overcome this issue. Thanks

Direct link Reply with quote

Mariano Saab
Argentina
Local time: 03:25
Member (2013)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Check out this link Oct 5, 2016

Hi Mohd,

Take a look at this link: http://help.ticketbud.com/hc/en-us/articles/216669337-Why-Are-My-Incoming-Paypal-Payments-Pending-

There are many reasons why your payment is on hold. If none of the reasons listed there help, email PayPal customer service and ask for help.

This also happened to me too, but the payment was automatically credited to my account the day after I received it.

Best of luck,

Mariano.

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 07:25
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Just a thought Oct 5, 2016

Are you sure the payment isn't waiting for you to accept it? I once had PayPal payments from a client every month and I just read the first line of the email from PayPal ("Xxx has sent you..."), not the details on the site. Then one month the client asked why I'd rejected his money! It was when he moved country - maybe that was the reason. As I didn't accept the money, it stayed pending until the limit date then was returned. Fortunately my client resent, and I changed its status immediately to 'confirmed'.

Malaysia
English to Malay
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes. PP hold it and it is in their policy. Oct 6, 2016

Up until now after sending, replying receiving emails from PP, they still want to hold one of the payment. They thought that I am ebay seller in which I denied and they have make a query because my account with them is just for Personal and not for Business.

There are my ways to overcome this issue but I doubt if the solution can be found immediately since it involves PP policy that you have to oblige before action can be taken by them.

This is 'interesting' method suggested by their staff to overcome the issue after sharing few emails:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In regards to your inquiry, please be advised that your funds are on hold and will be released on Oct 16, 2016.

In some cases, we may wait to make your payment available to encourage fast shipping and help ensure buyer satisfaction. Typically, you can access these payments in 21 days or even sooner if you follow good shipping practices:

* If you provide tracking information and we can confirm delivery, your payment should be available 3 days after the item has arrived at its destination.
* If you don’t upload tracking, but mark the item as shipped in My eBay, your payment should be available 7 days after your latest estimated delivery date.
* If you fulfill the order, but don’t provide any shipping information, your payment should be available after 21 days, as long as your buyer doesn’t report a problem with the transaction.

Note:

* We can only confirm delivery if you upload an online tracking number on PayPal or eBay. The easiest way to do this is to print shipping labels through eBay or PayPal.
* While your payment is unavailable to you, it will be in your Pending balance in your PayPal account.
* Once your payment is available to you, we will send you an email.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Malaysia
English to Malay
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
typo Oct 6, 2016

#my ways -----> many ways

Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Warning from an ex-PayPal user Oct 6, 2016

http://www.paypalwarning.com

or this one

http://tinyurl.com/uggq

They keep your money because by withholding those millions of £, $, and other currencies that do not belong to them, they are earning interest or investing the money (your money) in stockmarket trades. They make their money by not giving you yours. How else could they exist?

[Edited at 2016-10-06 14:26 GMT]

Celine Samson
English to French
Pending payment in PayPal Nov 28, 2016

I wish to warn ALL translators against using PayPal. I am based in the UK and have worked with an American company for a number of years. They send me money through PayPal and a few days later I am usually able to access my funds. However a payment of over $1000 has now been pending in my account for over 2 months. I have contacted PayPal many times regarding this issue and they are unable to solve it. They have admitted it is their fault but do not offer any resolution. Despite the problem having been 'escalated' they just send me template messages and no one in their customer service is offering any tangible help. It is causing me immense stress. They seem untouchable. I don't know what to do. I have contacted the financial ombudsmam but even then nothing is likely to change before another 2 months. If anyone has been in my situation, please send me suggestions.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Client payment is pending in PP acc.

Advanced search

PDF Translation - the Easy Way
TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation.

TransPDF converts your PDFs to XLIFF ready for professional translation. It also puts your translations back into the PDF to make new PDFs. Quicker and more accurate than hand-editing PDF. Includes free use of Infix PDF Editor with your translated PDFs.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search