Turdimurod Rakhmanov  Identity Verified
Kyrgyzstan
Local time: 17:36
Member (2014)
English to Uzbek
+ ...
Oct 13, 2016

Dear colleagues,

I did transcribing, but I have never come across "video summarizing job" before, so I would like you to suggest me about it,
Should I charge "per minute" or "per hour"? and how much?
The video length is 30 minutes.

Thank you in advance for your help

Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:36
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
What exactly will you deliver? Oct 13, 2016

You say a summary. So it's to be in your own words? A summary of the main content only, not the details?

Assuming that's the case, you'll need to watch/listen to the video, pausing as needed to take notes. Then you'll need to expand your notes into full sentences, probably using a more formal register. Somewhere along the line you'll need to switch the language you use. Then you'll need to watch/listen to the video once more to check that your summary is complete and accurate.

I would only be happy quoting on the basis of my own time. This video may be far more simple/difficult than another but once a client gets a per-something quote they tend to expect it to apply to everything. But I expect you could come up with a guaranteed maximum, to help your client budget for the work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Video News Summary rates

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search