Thread poster: DarwinE

DarwinE
United States
Local time: 07:41
Member (2016)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Nov 23, 2016

I have searched the forum (and the internet in general) and the closest answer I have found to this inquiry were posts on forums that were 10 years old or more so preferably I would like a more updated answer.

I joined a local Translator/Interpreter association. One person contacted me for help with interpreting for a deposition. Although I said I would be unable to make it because it was such short notice, they offered to add me to their list of local interpreters but asked what my rates were. This is where I got stuck.
I've interpreted for volunteer organizations before, but never in a situation where I could get paid for it which makes me unsure as to what rates I should be proposing.

My language pair is English-Spanish. I live in Texas. I work as a full-time medical interpreter. I am still not certified, but per my job requirements, will be National Board certified within the next 6 months. I have a B.A. in Spanish Translation and Interpreting. I would only feel comfortable doing interpreting for General or Medical topics, but once I get comfortable with the terminology again I would like to make myself available for depositions so I am interested in those rates as well.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spanish-English hourly freelance interpreter rates

Advanced search

Across v6.3
Translation Toolkit and Sales Potential under One Roof

Apart from features that enable you to translate more efficiently, the new Across Translator Edition v6.3 comprises your crossMarket membership. The new online network for Across users assists you in exploring new sales potential and generating revenue.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search