eliper  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 09:58
English to Italian
+ ...
Jan 29

Salve,

ancora un post sulle tariffe:-)
Il mio dubbio è che vivo in Svizzera, dove il costo della vita è piuttosto alto e le tariffe di conseguenza. Per ora lavoro con agenzie, e con quelle italiane ovviamente non riesco a spuntare lo stesso prezzo. Ora, il mio dubbio è come comportarmi in caso di contatto da parte di un cliente finale fuori Svizzera.

Ho letto in un forum che la tariffa dipende dal paese di residenza del cliente.

http://www.proz.com/forum/italian/143926-tariffe_traduzioni_dallinglese_verso_litaliano.html

Me lo confermate? In questo caso come fare, chiedere al cliente dove risiede prima di fargli un preventivo?

Grazie

Direct link Reply with quote

Ricki Farn
Germany
Member (2005)
English to German
Address Jan 30

Shouldn't you always find out a prospective client's full address before sending them a quote? If only to be sure it's not a scammer? People without an address are more than suspicious.

Edit: Personally, I don't have different prices for clients in different countries, because I have to buy my food where I live and not where the client lives, but I don't have a strong opinion on this. Probably a question of supply and demand - if you can get enough high-paying jobs, you might not be inclined to accept lower-paying ones, whatever the reason for the rates.

[Edited at 2017-01-30 00:10 GMT]

Mirko Mainardi  Identity Verified
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Your choice, but... Jan 30

In my opinion, you have to set rates based on your expectations and needs. If you want to consider other aspects, I believe it would make more sense to take into account the target language (i.e. the target audience/market), rather than where the client is based... In other words, if an Indian or Chinese agency asks you to translate EN>IT (it or ch), should you be charging an "Eastern rate", even if those agencies are probably just outsourcing work from a Western end-client and the translation is going to be used on Western markets? That would just mean playing into their hands (for no good reason)...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

tariffe - residenza cliente

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search