Thread poster: Carol C.W. CHUNG
Carol C.W. CHUNG
Carol C.W. CHUNG
Local time: 18:35
Chinese to English
+ ...
Apr 11, 2005

Bonjour,

(sorry, apologies that I can only write in English)

I have a question for my friend in france who is new to Paypal. He wants to transfer money from his Paypal account into his French bank account and withdraw it. I know that banks usually charge commission when receiving money from abroad (and Paypal is a US company). I am not sure which bank his account uses, but can anyone please give me an approximate idea about how much the bank commission of receiving m
... See more
Bonjour,

(sorry, apologies that I can only write in English)

I have a question for my friend in france who is new to Paypal. He wants to transfer money from his Paypal account into his French bank account and withdraw it. I know that banks usually charge commission when receiving money from abroad (and Paypal is a US company). I am not sure which bank his account uses, but can anyone please give me an approximate idea about how much the bank commission of receiving money from abroad might be?

Your help is much appreciated. Merci beaucoup.

Carol
(please kindly reply in English)
Collapse

Florence Bremond
Florence Bremond  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:35
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
Cheap Apr 11, 2005

"Gratuit pour €100,00 EUR ou plus, €1,00 EUR pour €99,99 EUR ou moins"
Free for €100 or more, €1 under that sum.

I just checked the exact wording on my account, but I have transferred €2000 last week and it was indeed free.

Florence

Hervé du Verle
Hervé du Verle  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:35
Member (2004)
English to French
+ ...
tariffs Apr 11, 2005

Carol Chung wrote:

I have a question for my friend in france who is new to Paypal. He wants to transfer money from his Paypal account into his French bank account and withdraw it.

Hello,

You can get all the information at the following URLs
https://www.paypal.com/fr/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-fees-outside
https://www.paypal.com/fr/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_display-xborder-fees-outside&countries=

with all the figures, but only available in French!
Costs increase when crossing the borders!!!

Carol C.W. CHUNG
Carol C.W. CHUNG
Local time: 18:35
Chinese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
but the bank's commission? Apr 11, 2005

Thank you for the reply. 1 Euro is for sure (for less than 100 Euros). But many banks charge the customer some commission on withdrawal (e.g. my bank in Amsterdam charges me between 6.5 Euros and even 40 Euros).

I would like to know what the commission that the French banks might generally charge. How much money did the bank charge you when you Withdraw the money from your paypal account?

Thank you.

Oddie wrote:

"Gratuit pour ?100,00 EUR ou plus, ?1,00 EUR pour ?99,99 EUR ou moins"
Free for ?100 or more, ?1 under that sum.

I just checked the exact wording on my account, but I have transferred ?2000 last week and it was indeed free.

Florence

[Edited at 2005-04-12 08:55]

Florence Bremond
Florence Bremond  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 12:35
Member (2002)
English to French
+ ...
No commission as far as I see Apr 12, 2005

My bank (La Poste)doesn't seem to take any commission - My Paypal account has been charged €2000 exactly and my bank statement shows €2000 credited to my account, no other expense.

On the other hand, Paypal takes a percentage on the payments I *receive* into my Paypal account.

For foreign checks, La Poste takes 4€50 and the Bank of France takes 8E50 I think - which is cheaper than Paypal for large sums but takes much more time (weeks) and is less interesting for s
... See more
My bank (La Poste)doesn't seem to take any commission - My Paypal account has been charged €2000 exactly and my bank statement shows €2000 credited to my account, no other expense.

On the other hand, Paypal takes a percentage on the payments I *receive* into my Paypal account.

For foreign checks, La Poste takes 4€50 and the Bank of France takes 8E50 I think - which is cheaper than Paypal for large sums but takes much more time (weeks) and is less interesting for small sums.

Florence
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Paypal

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »