Thread poster: Dr. Lausberg de Morales

Dr. Lausberg de Morales  Identity Verified
Guatemala
Local time: 18:36
Member (2004)
German to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 20

Dear colleagues, as a new "service", Xoom unauthorizedly sent my private data (full name, phone number, amount of my phone bill) to a customer, offering them to pay my bills. When I questioned this breach of my privacy, they did not even apologize. I stopped using this service as this may compromise my customer relationships. Has anyone had a similar experience with this service? What action did you take?

Direct link Reply with quote

Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 01:36
Member (2000)
Russian to English
+ ...
Xoom and SEO Apr 20

Sorry to be going a bit off topic here, but I had never heard of "Xoom", so I Googled it, and found the most blatant case of SEO (search engine optimization) that I'd ever come across. The top two items on the Xoom page were not Xoom at all, but two rival money transfer organizations. I noticed that their Google listing began with a little green box containing the letters "Ad".

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Privacy issues with Xoom

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search