What percentage should I ask for a full commission base sales rep job in translation industry?
Thread poster: amioh

amioh
Japan
Local time: 18:40
English to Japanese
+ ...
Jun 23

Hi everyone!

One of my overseas clients have asked me to work as a full commission base sales rep for their company in where I live and I want to take the offer so that I can do it for rainy days...

They are asking me to find leads and also help them close the deals. How much commission percentage do you think I should ask for considering the amount of work I'm asked to do?

I'm thinking 10-15 % of sales is reasonable. I've done some research online i0but they all say it depends on the industry and I don't want to scare my client by presenting the percentage that is way too high. So I'm turning to you for help!

Has anyone done something like this on your spare time? Pros and Cons you care to share with me?

Thank you so much in advance for your help!!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What percentage should I ask for a full commission base sales rep job in translation industry?

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search