Rates for consecutive, simultaneous, over-the-phone interpreting?
Thread poster: Franjo Varšić
Franjo Varšić
Croatia
Jul 8

I've been contacted by, what appears to be, an American translation agency offering me some interpreting work and asking me for my rates for consecutive, simultaneous, over-the-phone interpreting.

The work would be done in Croatia for a large technology company.

I've no idea what rates are charged for this kind of work in America, I'm assuming I should charge American rates, this being an American outfit. Does anyone know?

Direct link Reply with quote

LilianNekipelov  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 21:27
Russian to English
+ ...
About $60-80/hr Jul 9

on average. You can only do telephone interpreting for them, since you live in Croatia, so the other modes would not apply. 15min minimum, or half an hour.

Franjo Varšić
Croatia
TOPIC STARTER
. Jul 9

LilianNekipelov wrote:

on average. You can only do telephone interpreting for them, since you live in Croatia, so the other modes would not apply. 15min minimum, or half an hour.

The work is in Croatia.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Rates for consecutive, simultaneous, over-the-phone interpreting?

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search