Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:06
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Aug 29, 2017

Hello everyone

Does anyone know how to determine what one PayPal balance were on a specific date?

I downloaded a transaction history, but I can't figure out where to check the balances. I tried calculating the balance by looking at the transactions directly before and after the required date, but this is not reliable because PayPal sometimes pays for a purchase in one currency from the balance in another currency, so sometimes the balance of another currency would have been impacted by a given transaction, but that effect is not shown in the transaction history.

Essentially, I need to figure out what was my PayPal balance on 1 January 2015 and 1 January 2016, in EUR, USD and GBP. A single EUR amount would also be useful to me.

Any easy answers?

Samuel

Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Member (2014)
Danish to English
+ ...
Monthly statements Aug 29, 2017

You can download monthly statements under "Reports". I believe you can find what you need in them.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 12:06
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Where is "Reports"? Aug 29, 2017

Thomas T. Frost wrote:
You can download monthly statements under "Reports". I believe you can find what you need in them.

Where is the "Reports" option? I don't see it anywhere.

Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Member (2014)
Danish to English
+ ...
Here Aug 29, 2017

fu6be2r07io78akmh2ag.gif

You only get this in a business account. Personal accounts don't have them, but why would you use a personal account for business purposes?

It's possible that PayPal doesn't offer the reports in all countries, of course.

Cristina Crişan  Identity Verified
Romania
Local time: 13:06
English to Romanian
+ ...
detailed activity Aug 29, 2017

Have you tried setting the 1st of January as start date (under 'Activity') and clicking 'Detailed' on the right hand side?
As far as I know you can only see records for the last two years with a personal account.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to check PayPal balances on a certain date

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search