https://www.proz.com/forum/money_matters/31817-quoting_a_transcription_and_producing_a_marketing_text.html

Quoting a transcription and producing a marketing text
Thread poster: Giovanni Orlando
Giovanni Orlando
Giovanni Orlando  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 21:49
Member (2019)
Italian to English
Apr 28, 2005

I just received a request for an unusual job.

The job requires that I "interview" a Commerical Director of a company about their products / company. In reality, no interview questions will be prepared. The Director will simply talk and the conversation will be recorded. I will then be responsible for putting together a marketing brochure based on this conversation.

Any ideas on how to quote a job of this type?

It should be noted that the interview and the b
... See more
I just received a request for an unusual job.

The job requires that I "interview" a Commerical Director of a company about their products / company. In reality, no interview questions will be prepared. The Director will simply talk and the conversation will be recorded. I will then be responsible for putting together a marketing brochure based on this conversation.

Any ideas on how to quote a job of this type?

It should be noted that the interview and the brochure will all be in english (i.e. no traslation).
Collapse

Benno Groeneveld
Benno Groeneveld  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:49
English to Dutch
+ ...
only unusual for a translator Apr 28, 2005

The job you were offered sounds like one that should have gone to a public relations person or a journalist.

I am a journalist and I interview people all the time and then write articles about them or their profession. I could work an interview into a brochure, that's just a different way of writing, something that PR people (or journalists who do PR on the side) do all the time.

Benno

[Edited at 2005-04-28 22:03]

[Edited at 2005-04-28 22:03]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Quoting a transcription and producing a marketing text

Translation news

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »