Thread poster: Cristiano Lima

Cristiano Lima
Brazil
Local time: 23:00
Member (2014)
Russian to Portuguese
+ ...
Oct 3

I have noticed that among Russian requesters it's very common to see people asking for the cost for letters, is that common in another languages? How much do you usually ask for in this case?

Direct link Reply with quote

Elif Baykara  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 05:00
Member (2015)
German to Turkish
+ ...
Do you mean characters? Oct 3

Character-based pricing is quite common in many places, Turkey being one of them.

I believe that it is thoroughly discussed here in forums. I quote per word but many agencies here in Turkey ask for a price for 1000-character (excl. spaces) unit. This may also be the case in Russia.

Elif

inesec  Identity Verified
Latvia
Member (2014)
German to English
+ ...
One standard page A4 contains 1800 characters with spaces or 250 words. Oct 3

Cristiano Lima wrote:

I have noticed that among Russian requesters it's very common to see people asking for the cost for letters, is that common in another languages? How much do you usually ask for in this case?

The calculation: 250*your rate per word.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Price for characters

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search