Thread poster: Heinrich Pesch

Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 02:13
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
Apr 16

I just got a job offer from an agency in another EU-country. The agency is not VAT-registered. So I think I have to add my VAT to the bill or what do you think?

RobinB  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 18:13
German to English
Correct Apr 16

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

I just got a job offer from an agency in another EU-country. The agency is not VAT-registered. So I think I have to add my VAT to the bill or what do you think?

You treat them just like you would treat a private individual (or an EU institution). Better make sure that's absolutely clear in your quote.

Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:13
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Add VAT Apr 16

Heinrich Pesch wrote:

Yes, add VAT. That's what I do to UK clients who are not VAT registered.

Clients may not want to pay extra, so do this: calculate the final amount, quote that amount, and then split the amounts on your invoice as price + VAT amount.

http://www.vatcalculator.co.uk/ (use "Add VAT")

Nikki Scott-Despaigne  Identity Verified
Local time: 01:13
French to English
Your current situation Apr 16

You don't say whether or not you are registered to invoice VAT in Finland. If not, you cannot charge VAT.icon_wink.gif

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

To VAT or not to VAT

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search